Encryptage rom?

[QUOTE = "LOLO9393, post: 469657, member: 135924"] En cas de problème avec l'anglais, vous pouvez me contacter en français.
Bonne journée. [/ QUOTE]

notsyncings TWRP has gone official.

If you read the changelog, devs at TWRP.me may have fixed the decryption problem.

https://twrp.me/xiaomi/xiaomimimix2s.html

twrp-3.2.3-0-polaris.img 41.4M
2019-02-02 10:37:37 EST

Song Fuchang
2019-02-01T01:32:11Z
Set PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH far into the future This fixes decryption on every android security patch update.

Reactions: LOLO9393

If you read the changelog, devs at TWRP.me may have fixed the decryption problem.

Song Fuchang
Set PLATFORM_SECURITY_PATCH far into the future This fixes decryption on every android security patch update.

it's good news, I'll try later.
it's been a few times that I try and reinstall everything, so I'll wait a bit.

thank you for the information!

Song Fuchang
You are right, but this is ONLY about decryption in order to avoid formating data when we update a rom.
What we are looking for is rom ENCRYPTION and MIUI EU roms don't allow to encrypt once they are installed.
We don't want to live naked so this is a serious security issue to be taken into consideration from eu staff side because it has nothing to do with TWRP update.

You are right, but this is ONLY about decryption in order to avoid formating data when we update a rom.
What we are looking for is rom ENCRYPTION and MIUI EU roms don't allow to encrypt once they are installed.
We don't want to live naked so this is a serious security issue to be taken into consideration from eu staff side because it has nothing to do with TWRP update.

Well, both TWRP and ROM have to work together for encryption, as I understand it.

For us who do not need encryption, an official and functional TWRP is important anyway.

I have held off from buying a Mix 2s partially because of the lack of a dependable TWRP, now that that hopefully is solved, all I have to do is wait for the price to come down to my cheapskate level - probably in the spring after Mix 3s is released.

In the mean time I have cheated on Xiaomi and bought a used Razer Phone 1 to play with.
It is apparently finnicky, has the A/B system partition, which causes a whole different level of problems installing a TWRP.
So Mix2s is not alone with having TWRP problems.

Has anyone tried to encrypt the phone? With official twrp ¿alguien ha tratado de cifrar el teléfono?

Has anyone tried to encrypt the phone? With official twrp ¿alguien ha tratado de cifrar el teléfono?
I tried last weekend.
Unfortunately this attempt also ended with an empty mobile phone.
Encryption is still not possible.

ROM WEEKLY 9.2.28 / official twrp from twrp.me

BR
Xanten

I tried last weekend.
Unfortunately this attempt also ended with an empty mobile phone.
Encryption is still not possible.

ROM WEEKLY 9.2.28 / official twrp from twrp.me

BR
Xanten
welcome to the club! lol..
You can have encryption working with PIE 9.0 but it is only possible by modifying Fstab file.
To be redone at every rom update but that is usable.
My MI8SE is set this way.

[QUOTE = "ingbrzy, post: 463072, member: 55523"] Oui [/ QUOTE]

Hello.

I tried to encrypt the rom yesterday. I click encrypted, but it did not do anything. it must have taken an hour. the phone has restarted to encrypt the rom. it lasted all night. and this morning phone block, I had to foater and lose my data you phone.

Do you have a solution ? thank you
I wanted to know if it was possible to encrypt the phone without risk for the rom and for twrp? I do not want to block my phone. I have the rom Xiaomi.eu 18.12.13 and twrp v14 (XDA).

[QUOTE = "ingbrzy, post: 463072, member: 55523"] Oui [/ QUOTE]

Hello.

I tried to encrypt the rom yesterday. Vidmate iTunes Notepad++ I click encrypted, but it did not do anything. it must have taken an hour. the phone has restarted to encrypt the rom. it lasted all night. and this morning phone block, I had to foater and lose my data you phone.

Do you have a solution ? thank you
I wanted to know if it was possible to encrypt the phone without risk for the rom and for twrp? I do not want to block my phone. I have the rom Xiaomi.eu 18.12.13 and twrp v14 (XDA).

Last edited by a moderator:
if anybody is interested i found the way to encrypt xiaomi.eu rom.

I downloaded miui_MIMIX2SGlobal_V10.3.2.0.PDGMIXM_7e27e6e0d5_9.0.zip and xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2S_V10.3.1.0.PDGCNXM_v10-9.zip

than i extracted these three files from global rom:
vendor.transfer.list
vendor.new.dat.br
vendor.patch.dat

than i deleted those three files fom xiaomi.eu rom
than i repacked xiaomi.eu rom with three vendor files from global rom (i used winrar, just drag and drop )
than i installed .zip on my phone

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-05-23-42-46-447_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-05-23-42-46-447_com.android.settings.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 254
  • Screenshot_2019-04-05-23-42-04-875_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-05-23-42-04-875_com.android.settings.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 261
if anybody is interested i found the way to encrypt xiaomi.eu rom.

I downloaded miui_MIMIX2SGlobal_V10.3.2.0.PDGMIXM_7e27e6e0d5_9.0.zip and xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2S_V10.3.1.0.PDGCNXM_v10-9.zip

than i extracted these three files from global rom:
vendor.transfer.list
vendor.new.dat.br
vendor.patch.dat

than i deleted those three files fom xiaomi.eu rom
than i repacked xiaomi.eu rom with three vendor files from global rom (i used winrar, just drag and drop )
than i installed .zip on my phone
Good solution.
Any trouble with the system rom doing that?
Did you check twrp is requesting password and decrypt as well?
Should be redone at every rom update. Required also for fstab modification
Fencrypt.zip doing fstab trip is simpler to use.

Reactions: LordAndre83
Good solution.
Any trouble with the system rom doing that?
Did you check twrp is requesting password and decrypt as well?
Should be redone at every rom update. Required also for fstab modification
Fencrypt.zip doing fstab trip is simpler to use.

System is stable. Im using it since yesterday.
Using official TWRP it is asking for pattern or password and it can decrypt fine.
Yes i think it should be redone at every rom update.