Encrypted Storage after installing TWRP

Marielrino

Members
Nov 6, 2019
> Phone works fine up until MIUI 9.10.10/11
> Downloaded update for MIUI 9.10.31
> When I was about to enter TWRP, phone is stucked up in MI logo.
> Reflashed latest TWRP 3.3.1-0
> Internal storage was encrypted. Showed folders with random characters.
> Wiped data(exluding internal storage) and wipe dalvik/cache
> Installed latest MIUI EU ROM. Worked fine.
> Storage still encrypted. Can't take pictures that puts files in my internal storage.

Is there any way that I can recover my files? I still have my 60 gb of photos and videos in my storage that are encrypted.

• Angry
Reactions: giodeluigi
Note: I was using TWRP before and after entering TWRP, it was asking for my pin so I can decrypt the files and dirty flash updated MIUI EU roms. I don't want to lose my files. Can anyone help me?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    105.5 KB · Views: 2,418
Note: I was using TWRP before and after entering TWRP, it was asking for my pin so I can decrypt the files and dirty flash updated MIUI EU roms. I don't want to lose my files. Can anyone help me?
There is a TWRP version that can encrypt/decrypt for android 10 and for your phone.
I have seen exchanged msg on this subject some days ago.
A search will help you.
I don't own this model phone.

> Storage still encrypted. Can't take pictures that puts files in my internal storage.

Is there any way that I can recover my files? I still have my 60 gb of photos and videos in my storage that are encrypted.
Search for twrp from wzsx150 for the mix 3.

Sent from my MIX 3 using Tapatalk

hello
u have to flash latest , twrp

there is a new version

Download fastboot lite for windows , cooy recovery into this directory then run these commands :

Fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Fastboot boot recovery.img

Files are encrypted now and I cannot see real folder names anymore..
Any solution to that?

Yep, installed but files are still encrypted in TWRP, any solution to see again folder normal names?

I had to clean data and start again to point 0: clean install.
Anyone knows why I found my files and folders encrypted after manually updating the rom?

Last edited:
I had to clean data and start again to point 0: clean install.
Anyone knows why I found my files and folders encrypted after manually updating the rom?

Happened to me, same problem, encrypted after manually updated, would like to find a solution, not clean install.

I had to format phone like you did.
Really hope that this won't happen again in the future..

this is why I remove my password every time I'm about to update. I have experienced this problem once (end up forced to wipe everything) and l won't be put in the same situation.

this is why I remove my password every time I'm about to update. I have experienced this problem once (end up forced to wipe everything) and l won't be put in the same situation.
Password for what?
You mean phone pin unlocking password or what?
I did not have any password on my Mi 9T and after latest ROM update I found folders and file encrypted..

+1. Remove all the security prior to updating and all the encryption/formatting nightmares disappear.

For anyone that has this issue in TWRP, even in roms other than miui, you can still use adb push command from pc to transfer files to your phone :

adb push "nameoffile" /sdcard

(place the file in your adb folder) I was able to root a phone that had this issue using this technique.

Si no lo ha solucionado puedes escribirme a mi WhatsApp + 57 319 674 9839 y te paso el archivo para que pueda instalar la ROM y una vez instalada instales el archivo para quitar el cifrado de los archivos y puedas iniciar el sistema operativo y no pierda los datos Mi aplicación y nada simplemente como una actualización