Encrypted Storage after installing TWRP

esenn

Members
Apr 26, 2020
I wanted to root my phone. I installed Twrp for this. Then I installed magiskdisk with twrp. But my files are encrypted, the phone won't open. How can I get the documents that are very important to me. Can you help me please?

What is "magiskdisk"? Can't find anything about that on Internet...
What did you flash and if it's Magisk, which version?
Magisk doesn't encrypt anything. Looks like you installed a wrong/outdated TWRP version.
;)

What is "magiskdisk"? Can't find anything about that on Internet...
What did you flash and if it's Magisk, which version?
Magisk doesn't encrypt anything. Looks like you installed a wrong/outdated TWRP version.
;)
I don't know, I had a password on my phone. Twrp had wanted, there were files I had entered. Then, after uploading again, my files were not encrypted, and my files were encrypted.

How did you solve it, exactly? Every time I boot into TWRP my data is encrypted, and can't be decrypted with SIM pin, which should work by default. I have circumvented the issue by simply formatting data. I have not tried to reinstall TWRP as I frankly have no idea how to, and what the repercussions might be on my phone :p

How did you solve it, exactly? Every time I boot into TWRP my data is encrypted, and can't be decrypted with SIM pin, which should work by default. I have circumvented the issue by simply formatting data. I have not tried to reinstall TWRP as I frankly have no idea how to, and what the repercussions might be on my phone :p
That's not SIM pin but unlock password/pin/pattern.
If you didn't set an unlock protection and TWRP asks for a password, that means you need to use another TWRP version or "Format Data" in TWRP.

Reactions: Zdeev
That's not SIM pin but unlock password/pin/pattern.
If you didn't set an unlock protection and TWRP asks for a password, that means you need to use another TWRP version or "Format Data" in TWRP.
None of the PINs I have set are working (SIM/phone/anything), I have since flashed 3 ROMs but the issues persist (as you obviously pointed out). Format data doesn't solve the issue, as I use all the same PINs each time and none of them have worked (ever). I have only recently unlocked my Mi9T and before that I used custom ROMs on several other phone (non-xiaomi) and never had this issue.

Can I just flash a newer TWRP over the current one or will that break stuff?

had the same problem... removed all passwords, unlocked bootloader, rebooted to fastboot, pushed recovery twrp... booted into recovery and when i tried to access sdcard, it showed this ugabuga names... formated data, connected my phone again and that was it...

still... how the heck did you solved the problem?

None of the PINs I have set are working (SIM/phone/anything), I have since flashed 3 ROMs but the issues persist (as you obviously pointed out). Format data doesn't solve the issue, as I use all the same PINs each time and none of them have worked (ever). I have only recently unlocked my Mi9T and before that I used custom ROMs on several other phone (non-xiaomi) and never had this issue.

Can I just flash a newer TWRP over the current one or will that break stuff?
I advise to use latest "Unofficial" TWRP for Mi 9T => https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=4349826312261707839
And on my Mi 9T, I have OrangeFox (version R10.1_1, not R10.1_2) => https://files.orangefox.download/OrangeFox-Stable/davinci/OrangeFox-R10.1_1-Stable-davinci.zip
I don't have encryption issue.
:)

• Love
Reactions: mihalyn90