Encryption Problem after applying Rom

numark1

Members
Sep 23, 2019
Hello ,

I have some struggle to get the Rom working.

I buyed the Mi Max 3 from Aliexpress (Xiaomi Mi Store) as many times before.
The bootloader was already unlocked and some rom applied. So i've done the following to get xiaomi.eu rom working.

1) Applied TWRP over ADB
2) Startet TWRP and try to delete cache, error that /data cant be mounted
3) Switched the filesystem to F2FS as explained in some other threads to avoid the problem
4) Now Cache has been wiped
5) Copied xiaomi.eu rom on SD card and started installation with TWRP
6) Intallation went fine, but when i try to enable encryption for device nothing happens
7) A notification appeared that encryption can take up to 24 hours, then a black screen appears and after 5 seconds the launcher came back and encryption wasnt enabled

Problem here is that i need to activate encryption for the device but it cannot be enabled and i think the problem is the F2FS filesystem. So i tried to convert the filesystem back to ext4 and reinstalled the rom, after installation with TWRP and the first boot a screen appears that states that encryption failed and the phone needs a reset.

Meanwhile i read some various threads which stated to apply the original rom. So i downloaded the Mi Flash Tool and applied the original Rom with option "Clean all", but after installation and the first boot the screen with encryption problem and phone reset appears.

I think the problems source is the (crappy) rom applied from the shop. So how can i reset everthing and apply the xiaomi.eu rom ? Phone is new, so data loss is absolutely acceptable.

If you have any tips for me or need more information, dont hesitate zu write me.

thanks in advance

Hello ,

I have some struggle to get the Rom working.

I buyed the Mi Max 3 from ********** (Xiaomi Mi Store) as many times before.
The bootloader was already unlocked and some rom applied. So i've done the following to get xiaomi.eu rom working.

1) Applied TWRP over ADB
2) Startet TWRP and try to delete cache, error that /data cant be mounted
3) Switched the filesystem to F2FS as explained in some other threads to avoid the problem
4) Now Cache has been wiped
5) Copied xiaomi.eu rom on SD card and started installation with TWRP
6) Intallation went fine, but when i try to enable encryption for device nothing happens
7) A notification appeared that encryption can take up to 24 hours, then a black screen appears and after 5 seconds the launcher came back and encryption wasnt enabled

Problem here is that i need to activate encryption for the device but it cannot be enabled and i think the problem is the F2FS filesystem. So i tried to convert the filesystem back to ext4 and reinstalled the rom, after installation with TWRP and the first boot a screen appears that states that encryption failed and the phone needs a reset.

Meanwhile i read some various threads which stated to apply the original rom. So i downloaded the Mi Flash Tool and applied the original Rom with option "Clean all", but after installation and the first boot the screen with encryption problem and phone reset appears.

I think the problems source is the (crappy) rom applied from the shop. So how can i reset everthing and apply the xiaomi.eu rom ? Phone is new, so data loss is absolutely acceptable.

If you have any tips for me or need more information, dont hesitate zu write me.

thanks in advance
You need to modify Fstab by hand via TWRP file explorer and apply "fileencryption=ice,quota".
OR find a confirmed TWRP that does well his encryption job!

You need to modify Fstab by hand via TWRP file explorer and apply "fileencryption=ice,quota".
OR find a confirmed TWRP that does well his encryption job!

Hi,

i've used the twrp-3.3.1-nitrogen which seems the current version for MiMax 3, so i switched to version 3.2.3 and wiped the cached and installed again. But after short time of installation of the Rom the error occurs again "Encrpytion was interrupted and can't complete. As result, the data on your phone is no longer accessbile."

Which partition should i edit with the fstab options, the /data ? And should i edit it and reinstall it ?

Hi,

i've used the twrp-3.3.1-nitrogen which seems the current version for MiMax 3, so i switched to version 3.2.3 and wiped the cached and installed again. But after short time of installation of the Rom the error occurs again "Encrpytion was interrupted and can't complete. As result, the data on your phone is no longer accessbile."

Which partition should i edit with the fstab options, the /data ? And should i edit it and reinstall it ?
latest tested solution here post 664:
Still needed in these days on "OLD" phone.
partition name is vendor/etc and you have to format data before modification.
You will find it easily.
cheers

Ok didnt worked, TWRP dont requested password for decryption. Also when I try to decrypt from terminal, the password is incorrect. Thats to annoying, giving up and installing default rom and close bootloader.