Yeah, perhaps... On the next rom (which will probably be Miui 11 based) it'll appear (fingers crossed!)... Who knows, maybe on Miui 11 builds they'll add the option I suggested before, browse for our own custom picture (on top of some base theme, of course)...Oh weird... No idea why it was only included in the Mi 9 ROM. Maybe just an oversight then?
Hi!Did you need to wipe all data (reset) when you install 9.9.6 which is updtae from android 9 to 10?
RULES WHEN POSTINGBtw does anyone know if this forum thread the correct place for bug reports, or is there somewhere else like an official bug tracker or something that I should be posting these issues to?
This is my first time using this ROM.
Did you get it to work? I've updated my phone earlier this week (use to be on 9.6.27) and discovered that the tracking has stopped since then. I've just seen that my mi 8 was no longer associated to the tracking. I've reactivate it but it's a bit soon to know if this was the issue, I'll let you know later.Do you have problem with Google location history (timeline)? It hasn't worked for me since 9.8.22 (clean install). Xiaomi Mi 9
Odesláno z mého MI 9 pomocí Tapatalk
That's the I have done (in my Mix2S) and result in device encrypted (and accessible via TWRP):Then I:
- tried different settings in /vendor/etc/fstab.qcom (and /system/vendor/etc/fstab):
- encryptable=ice (was set before I started)
- tried other TWRP Versions:
- 220.127.116.11 (offical) by mauronofrio
- 18.104.22.168 by wzsx150
- 3.3.1-0607 by wzsx150
I'm using last official (3.3.1) but note that your device and mine isn't the same.
I can confirm, this works on my mi 8 global!That's the I have done (in my Mix2S) and result in device encrypted (and accessible via TWRP):
* Wipe device then Format data
* Flash global ROM (not EU)
* Reboot device then configure lockscreen password (to set encriptation password)
* Reboot into recovery
* Introduce your lockscreen password to decrypt /data and /sdcard
* Wipe device (not format data)
* Flash EU ROM
* Mount /vendor
* Edit /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom then change "[...] /data [...] encryptable=ice,quota" to "[...] fileencryption=ice,quota"
* Reboot device
After that the result is:
* You need your password to access the device after boot
* You need your password to access /sdcard and /data when reboot into recovery (you can bypass the introduction of the password but they result in incomprensible filenames and contents in /sdcard and /data)
I can confirm, this works on my mi 8 global!
Just corrected typeerrors in green.
In the last 2 or 3 releases there is this bug. If you switch to HDR+ (not enhanced) you'll have all the photo you want (with lower quality, but it works)Redmi note 7, 9.9.3, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* hdr enhanced mode no works. Anybody with this problem? In early versions this feature was working. Thanks.
@kvakinatorDid you get it to work? I've updated my phone earlier this week (use to be on 9.6.27) and discovered that the tracking has stopped since then. I've just seen that my mi 8 was no longer associated to the tracking. I've reactivate it but it's a bit soon to know if this was the issue, I'll let you know later.
If you want to check on your end, you'll need to go in maps, press the three lines to open the menu and select Timeline. Then you have a location icon under World (my phone is in French so I'm roughly translating), press it and it'll show something like Location history activated Manage. Select Manage and then on the new screen, deploy Associated devices to this accompt (again, a rought translation). There you should have your Mi 9 which, if like me, is unchecked. Just check the box then test it out.