Error While Flashing Stable Rom With Mi Flaix Beta

Bonetis

Members
Oct 22, 2016
Hello everyone,

Today I decided to flaix a stable global rom to my father's redmi 3s that was running an unoficial rom, I downloaded the rom from here http://en.miui.com/a-234.html, I turned off the phone to enter recovery mode and press the download button, the screen turn off and the pc detects the device as qualcom.... so I select the directory of the rom on mi flaix, refresh mi flaixh beta and begin to flaix, one minute later mi flaix says ERROR the image "I don't remember" could not be found and now the phone is showing a black screen that says "enter current lock screen pasword to decrypt device after reboot" we don't know that pasword and the pc does not recognise the device as qualcom, it says redmi 3s so mi flaixh beta didn't work. What can I do? sorry for this large post and thank's to everyone who can help me or try.

If you have unlocked bootloader, you can flash using MiFlash in fastboot mode, it's easier and safer. Try it.

Send from my land

Enter fastboot ,unlock bootloader,then flash ROM again with Miflash. I had similar problem and this is how a manage to recover my phone.

Изпратено от моят Redmi 3S с помощта на Tapatalk

Thanks for the answers, the phone has the bootloader locked, I just send the request to xiaomi to unlock it so now I'm waiting, but I don't know if would be possible to unlock the bootloader with the device don't running...

If you're not signed to your MiAccount in the phone, bootloader unlocking will probably fail.

But are you sure the bootloader is locked? What kind of unofficial ROM was there?
You may also try to flash the ROM again. Or your phone is no longer able to enter EDL mode?

Send from my land

Hello, I'm still waiting for permision to unlock the bootloader, the phone was signed in on the MiAcount, but in this situation I don't know if it's still signed in.

I supose the bootloader is locked but I don't know, I bouhgt it on december and it came with an unoficial rom that was imposible to update to the last miui stable, I remember something like "miui version 7.3.0.0" so I decided to flaix a oficial rom using miflaix beta entering to the download mode on the device, since the error I can't enter the download mode, when I touch download the device enters in a reboot looping... I'm looking for a method to flaix a rom with fastboot mode but I don't find it all I see is with the download mode

If you can't enter download mode, the upgrade was successful enough to disable booting to download mode from power menu (new firmware does it). If you buy or make yourself a deepflash or EDL cable, you will be able to enter EDL mode again. The principle of that cable is to connect the green and black wire. So if the unlocking fails (and it will most probably fail) this cable will be the only option.

Odesláno z mého Redmi 3S pomocí Tapatalk

Wait for unlpockoing permision. This will solve the problem.

Изпратено от моят Nexus 7 с помощта на Tapatalk

good day,
yesterday I made an EDL cable and the phone is now bakc to live! thank you all who answered this post.
I don't know why every device I bought was running a useless vendor rom, now I have both running the oficial developer rom