Errors in various apps(Android 11)

DumarC

Members
May 18, 2021
Good evening dear. I recently moved to Miui EU (The Stable Rom) on my Redmi Note 8 and I would like to get rid of a doubt. I installed version 12.0.1 based on Android 11 and the truth is working better than the global one (Android 10) but I am only having problems with some apps that do not work correctly, that is, they hang, close and it was something that before it did not happen. Do you know if it is due to a lack of optimization by the developers of the apps or is it a problem with the rom that I install?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-18-14-09-00-014_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-18-14-09-00-014_com.android.settings.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 124
  • Screenshot_2021-05-18-14-10-40-941_com.miui.home.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-05-18-14-10-40-941_com.miui.home.jpg
    640.6 KB · Views: 122
Hello :)

I don't know where you downloaded the first MIUI 12 with Android 11 by Xiaomi.eu (for your device) but it was removed from Xiaomi.eu's SourceForge folder... EDIT: The first MIUI 12 with Android 11 by Xiaomi.eu is still available on SourceForge.

Also, the Official China V12.0.1.0.RCOCNXM ROM was "rolled back" (=no more proposed to users) so it means it has some issues. :(

I really suggest you to do a clean installation (= use the "Format Data" button in TWRP) of the latest Stable Android 10 ROM available on SourceForge:

;)

EDIT: On SourceForge, I checked for "Redmi 8" instead of "Redmi Note 8"... Sorry!

Last edited:
Reactions: DumarC
Hello :)

I don't know where you downloaded the first MIUI 12 with Android 11 by Xiaomi.eu (for your device) but it was removed from Xiaomi.eu's SourceForge folder... EDIT: The first MIUI 12 with Android 11 by Xiaomi.eu is still available on SourceForge.

Also, the Official China V12.0.1.0.RCOCNXM ROM was "rolled back" (=no more proposed to users) so it means it has some issues. :(

I really suggest you to do a clean installation (= use the "Format Data" button in TWRP) of the latest Stable Android 10 ROM available on SourceForge:
;)

EDIT: On SourceForge, I checked for "Redmi 8" instead of "Redmi Note 8"... Sorry!
My friend one more question. Will that rom that you sent me in the link in the future be updated via OTA? Do you know if, in general, the change from La Rom Global to the EU is worth it?
The point is that I would have to send my device to have the rom installed because when I tried to do it on my own, I got bricked.
Pd: Where they fixed it for me, I don't know if they just flashed the rom or installed the TWRP. Because when I had just unlocked the bootloader and loaded the TWRP, it was bricked. So now I'm in a problem: "c

You will need to download the new ROM manually but you can use the Updater app to install it (in Updater app => 3-dots menu (top-right) => "Choose an update package"). ;)

You will keep your data but you need to have TWRP in order to install Xiaomi.eu ROM updates. :)

How you can check if your device has TWRP => Hold " Vol + " and " Power " buttons simultaneously until you see TWRP splashscreen or stock Recovery screen.

You will need to download the new ROM manually but you can use the Updater app to install it (in Updater app => 3-dots menu (top-right) => "Choose an update package"). ;)

You will keep your data but you need to have TWRP in order to install Xiaomi.eu ROM updates. :)

How you can check if your device has TWRP => Hold " Vol + " and " Power " buttons simultaneously until you see TWRP splashscreen or stock Recovery screen.
My friend confirmed the technician if I left TWRP installed. There is a step to install the rom that you send me, it is that I prefer to see a complete guide, I don't want to brick it again.