Eu Rom

Lee fletcher

Members
May 18, 2016
Hi I have just purchased my mi5 which has global ROM 7.2.4 installed but doesn't have UK locale. How do I install a new EU ROM to support UK locale? I do not have a PC so I need to do it on my phone if possible. Sorry I'm not very clued up on this so please be specific. Thanks.

To flash Eu multi Rom, first you need to unlock your boot loader. Which I think isn't possible without a PC. However after unlocking the boot loader, you won't need a PC to flash the Rom. You can do it with your phone alone.

Sent from my MI 4W using Tapatalk

Hi I have just purchased my mi5 which has global ROM 7.2.4 installed but doesn't have UK locale. How do I install a new EU ROM to support UK locale? I do not have a PC so I need to do it on my phone if possible. Sorry I'm not very clued up on this so please be specific. Thanks.
EU rom haven't locale, it is removed (useless function)

Redmi Note 2 P - Tapatalk

Hi. Thanks for all your replies. I want United Kingdom locale. The language is fine I can set that to English (United Kingdom). I currently have the locale set to China would this affect my phone? The reason being is I'm not getting push notifications through from some apps and wondered if it was down to the locale?

notifications problem you need to allow autostart for that app, also try changing locale but have a look to permission and autostart for specific apps

Thanks cecco I have changed the autostart on the apps I want to send notifications. Hope that works. Will update in coming days.

Reactions: Cecco
Well already one app that wasn't working has sent a notification through so looks promising. I will confirm if all is OK after a couple of days. Thanks again as this problem was bugging me. Can't believe it was some thing so simple. I thought it was the locale.

Reactions: Cecco
Well already one app that wasn't working has sent a notification through so looks promising. I will confirm if all is OK after a couple of days. Thanks again as this problem was bugging me. Can't believe it was some thing so simple. I thought it was the locale.
nice for you waiting updates from you ;) !!!!

Notifications seem to be working fine now thanks.
If I leave my ROM to global ROM and therefore leave my locale set to China, would I come across any complications? Thanks.

What do you mean by 'blocked'. ?
they have released some time ago global rom on 7.2.4.0 then they send 7.2.8 ota but after that they discovered a lot of bugs , so some people received ota and someone stay on 7.2.4 and they blocked the release of new updates, and i think we have to wait miui 8 because they are working on that.