Eu Vs China Stable

mfpreach

Members
Aug 5, 2016
Hello, I have ordered a Mi Pad 2, and have been reading through many threads both on xiaomi.com and this site. There are many versions of the stock MIUI roms and I am confused as to what I should be running.

I know that the China roms do not have multi language support, however, I am a native English speaker. My question is, is there a reason to run an .eu rom over a China stable, if all you will use is English?

Thanks in advance!

Not really.

The problem is that the google play store is not pre-installed on the china version. There is only the "Mi market" but it's possible to install google play store before installation.

Also the eu rom don't have play store, but it can be installed. The main advantages of eu rom are complete absence af chinese apps and bloatware that sometime is present in china rom, and in tablets aquired from chinese shops, which install a custom vietnamese rom, and i think it's better remove and install china or eu rom xiaomi original, also for security reasons

Inviato dal mio PLK-L01 utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for your replies.
I told the Chinese shop to send me a sealed version.

I am paranoid of Chinese malware and tracking.

I will try an eu Rom.

You Can use miflash to flash a stock rom downloaded directly from miui.com, and format all' data on the phone, so you Can have a new phone without anything put into by the shop

Inviato dal mio MI PAD 2 utilizzando Tapatalk