Everything Default After Updating

Paul roberts

Members
Dec 9, 2016
Hi All,

Sorry for the second new thread in such short amount of time!

I have a Mi Mix, rooted, with Xposed with xMIUI customisation's etc. I've also spent a lot of time organising the launcher the way i like, with a blank 'Home' screen containing just the Clock widget, and then all of my apps in alphabetical order on the next few pages (Why MIUI doesn't have an option for this i'll never know!).

I've only updated this ROM once since installing it, to last weeks version but found that after the update and reboot, all of my hard work was lost - all launcher pages, widgets and app icons were re-arranged to the default layout, meaning i had to spend 30+ minutes to re-organise things.

I know I could maybe use another launcher, but I actually quite like the way I have MIUI set up this way - almost like having an app drawer!

I also had to re-root, re-install Xposed etc overall it just means that updating becomes a bit of a chore.. I really don't feel like doing this every time I choose to update.

Is this normal? Am i doing something wrong? I want to upgrade to today's release however I'm trying to avoid the same thing happening.

Cheers
Paul

Anyone able to offer any opinions? I'm sure many of you will have updated this ROM several times and able to offer some comment?

It is normal/necessary to reroot and flash Xposed after an update.

In TWRP, only wipe Dalvik/Art Cache and Cache before and after update.

Reactions: Morvarid