New Facebook Messenger- Light Text Bubbles

tlxxxsracer

Members
Jan 17, 2011
Using miui 12 weekly on Mix 3.

When I receive messages on facebook messenger when using system wide dark mode the message bubbles are light colored with white text. See attached.
When light mode is used, I have no issues with messenger

Attachments

• IMG_20200918_100649.jpg
    IMG_20200918_100649.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 240
Just turn it off for Messenger, it has it's own dark mode. Also FYI:

"[ DON'T REPORT THESE TO US ]
* Dark/Night mode: Do NOT report ANY issues regarding this! This feature is officially under development and is not fully stable! We have no control over how it behaves and how it looks! Dark mode on Android Nougat and Oreo does NOT apply to the Settings app. Nothing to be done about it. If Dark mode switches on by itself, it is caused by apps with in-app Dark mode, like Google Messages."

Just turn it off for Messenger, it has it's own dark mode. Also FYI:

"[ DON'T REPORT THESE TO US ]
* Dark/Night mode: Do NOT report ANY issues regarding this! This feature is officially under development and is not fully stable! We have no control over how it behaves and how it looks! Dark mode on Android Nougat and Oreo does NOT apply to the Settings app. Nothing to be done about it. If Dark mode switches on by itself, it is caused by apps with in-app Dark mode, like Google Messages."

I've turned dark mode off in messenger settings and still occurs. I wasn't aware miui 12 dark mode was not stable

I've turned dark mode off in messenger settings and still occurs. I wasn't aware miui 12 dark mode was not stable
Do not turn off the dark mode in Messenger settings turn it off. Go to phone Settings, Display, Dark mode, Individual apps and turn off Messenger there. This will fix it.