Failed Updating Weekly Room

Cristo Reyes

Members
Apr 7, 2016
I have tried to install last weekly rom xiaomi.eu_multi_cancro_6.5.12_v7-6.0.zip on my Xiaomi Mi4W using Mi Recovery. I have renamed the image zip to update.zip and the installation starts but at the end it returns an "UPDATE FAILED" message.

My current MIUI version is:
MIUI by xiaomi.eu 7.1 | Estable 7.1.3.0(KXDCNCK)

Could you please help me on installing a ROM with ROOT permissions?

Thanks!

You need TWRP..
Pag 1
538026e0af9c363ba43b9ce442e6be41.jpg

And partitions merged

Last edited:
I like to install TWRP but my Rom is global Dev Rom without Riot. Can I install TWRP via Updater app?

Gesendet von meinem Redmi Note 2 mit Tapatalk

Ore mußt I go via Fastboot? But why mußt I make it? Do you have Tutorial?

Ore mußt I go via Fastboot? But why mußt I make it? Do you have Tutorial?

I had no root too and I installed TWRP via fastboot..

- Debug USB on
- driver adb e fasboot needed on pc
1. Download file .img TWRP
2. Reboot device in fastboot mode (Vol - and power with device off) and connect to pc
3. Open on pc a command prompt in adb folder
4. Copy TWRP file on adb folder and rename in: twrp.img
5. Write on command prompt: fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
6. When procedure finished, remove device and reboot in Recovery (Vol + and power for seconds)

It should work.. Good luck

Inviato dal mio MI 4LTE utilizzando Tapatalk

Thanks for your guide. And you have a MI 4? You think it works on redmi Note 2 too? Because redmi Note 2 have a MTK Chip.

I have Mi4 and this is Mi4 section..
Try to post this question on right section.. I have no experience with RN2..

Thanks for your replies mycro7.

This is the easier method? it's impossible with Mi Recovery? Wich "Updater app" you mention on the first post? :(

I see the Fastboot installation a little bit complex. Do you have a download link for the Fastboot and the ADB driver version for Mi4?

I thought that simply installing a Weekly ROM is enough for having root permissions.

Sorry for the ignorance, but it looks like everybody has the TWRP but I miss a good tutorial to install it easily.

Thanks and best regards.

Thanks for your replies mycro7.

This is the easier method? it's impossible with Mi Recovery? Wich "Updater app" you mention on the first post? :(

I see the Fastboot installation a little bit complex. Do you have a download link for the Fastboot and the ADB driver version for Mi4?

I thought that simply installing a Weekly ROM is enough for having root permissions.

Sorry for the ignorance, but it looks like everybody has the TWRP but I miss a good tutorial to install it easily.

Thanks and best regards.
If you have root:
1. Download TWRP Manager (I don't know exactly where, maybe search here)
2. Open app
3. Tap on Insall TWRP
4. Select device (cancro)
5. Tap Install Recovery
6. Wait.. Finish

I haven't right links because I done these steps (via fastboot) on February.. You must search..

"If you have root:" ¬¬ seriously?

As I say before:
"Could you please help me on installing a ROM with ROOT permissions?"

"I thought that simply installing a Weekly ROM is enough for having root permissions."

I only showed 2 methods that I know..
I'm not a expert.. I used a Samsung since January.. But I had no problem to install TWRP via fastboot..