Family link - fingerprint issue

sepp55555

Members
Oct 14, 2022
Hi guys, bought my sons 2x Poco X5 Pro 5G for christmas, was only allowed to unlock 1 device per month, so one phone was running original ROM and the otherone unlocked and xiaomi eu ROM. During the setup process I realized, that the moment I sign my son into google, and do the parental control stuff and hand it back, fingerprint/lockscreen is disabled by the IT admin it says. So basically google is disabling that feature. I am in contact with google an read a lot of stuff about signing in and out and clearing caches and data of google framework, play services, play store,... device is showing as certified, payment/wallet is not there, that's normal, but disabling the fingerprint is really annoying. any ideas how to solve this while I am waiting for google to come forward with some explanations. By the way, under the global ROM, so my other sons phone, which is under family link as well, fingerprint is working normally.

Attachments

• MVIMG_20231231_095936.jpg
    MVIMG_20231231_095936.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 108
  • MVIMG_20231231_100159.jpg
    MVIMG_20231231_100159.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 86
Hi guys, bought my sons 2x Poco X5 Pro 5G for christmas, was only allowed to unlock 1 device per month, so one phone was running original ROM and the otherone unlocked and xiaomi eu ROM. During the setup process I realized, that the moment I sign my son into google, and do the parental control stuff and hand it back, fingerprint/lockscreen is disabled by the IT admin it says. So basically google is disabling that feature. I am in contact with google an read a lot of stuff about signing in and out and clearing caches and data of google framework, play services, play store,... device is showing as certified, payment/wallet is not there, that's normal, but disabling the fingerprint is really annoying. any ideas how to solve this while I am waiting for google to come forward with some explanations. By the way, under the global ROM, so my other sons phone, which is under family link as well, fingerprint is working normally.
Hello, still struggling with that issue...
can anybody confirm/list the version of parental controls App which kicks in with latest HyperOS stable, or dig in that area, if that could be the reason why it only happens with the xiaomi eu ROM and not with the factory one?
This is what I received from google:
"
If you can't find the "Parental controls" app that should be pre-installed in the device, it might be related to the new ROM that was installed on the device which could also be the reason why the biometric security is not working unlike the other kids' devices.

I recommend contacting the device manufacturer's tech support team regarding this as they may be able to provide further insight when it comes to device specifics. But if you are able to find the Parental controls app in the device's Settings, we'd greatly appreciate it if you could tell us its current running version so we can include it in the investigation."