Fastboot auto off after installing adb drivers

bob1234

Members
Sep 19, 2021
Hi all,
Fastboot mode is working properly when adb drivers are not installed, but then the command "fastboot devices" is not recognizing my device.
After drivers adb are installed the fastboot mode is turning off 2-3 seconds after enabling it.

Is there another way to do it?

Cheers

Hello all,

I am experiencing the same problem, I am downloading the latest available weekly fastboot rom and expand the ZIP file to my disk. Going into the Platform-tools_windows directory to run "adb devices" which returns the device id
This looks similar to this:

List of devices attached
664147bb device

After running "adb reboot fastboot" the phone reboots to fastboot as intended.

Being in fastboot mode when I try e.g. fastboot device it gets into the < waiting for any device > state and nothing happens. therefore the "windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat will not work either.

Can someone shed some light on what I am doing wrong?

Thank you!

Reactions: lurkingintheforest
Hello all,

I am experiencing the same problem, I am downloading the latest available weekly fastboot rom and expand the ZIP file to my disk. Going into the Platform-tools_windows directory to run "adb devices" which returns the device id

List of devices attached
664147bb device

Being in fastboot mode when I try e.g. fastboot device it gets into the < waiting for any device > state and nothing happens. therefore the "windows_fastboot_update_rom.bat will not work either.

Thank you!
hi…
change USB port / change USB cable / use USB 2.0 / use an USB Hub / check driver installation

Hello all,

List of devices attached
664147bb device

Thank you!
move install OUT of the plateform-tools directory.
EG: from your download place or else.

move install OUT of the plateform-tools directory.
EG: from your download place or else.
You mean starting fastboot exe by invoking e.g. "C:\tools\platform_tools_Windows\fastboot.exe" with parameter "device" from the C:\ drive?

Tried that, no luck, but thank you for your support!

Regards Josef

hi…
change USB port / change USB cable / use USB 2.0 / use an USB Hub / check driver installation
Hi, I have already been trying the following:

Using USB hub, using USB-Cable delivered by Xiaomi/no name/Anker, installed different versions of drivers (on different new installations of Windows 10 and Windows 11), using different computers (desktop/laptop) all no luck......

Thank you for supporting me!
Regards Josef

Reactions: katerpanne
Well, I have found a solution which might look a little bit weird, but it is working:

Installing the FZ-N1_FZ-T1_FZ-L1_FZ-A3_FZ-S1_ADB_usb_driver package (from Panasonic) the MIX 4 is recognized as a Android Phone device in Windows 10 Device Manager.

Sorry can not attach the driver file as it is too large!

Leave me a pn and I will gladly share this driver package

Regards Josef

Reactions: lurkingintheforest
Well, I have found a solution which might look a little bit weird, but it is working:

Installing the FZ-N1_FZ-T1_FZ-L1_FZ-A3_FZ-S1_ADB_usb_driver package (from Panasonic) the MIX 4 is recognized as a Android Phone device in Windows 10 Device Manager.

Sorry can not attach the driver file as it is too large!

Leave me a pn and I will gladly share this driver package

Regards Josef
Very strange. I'll post you a PM :) worth a try! I have a Mi 11 Ultra running MIUI 12.5.20.0 right now, without the ability to upgrade to MIUI 13.