Find my phone by Xiaomi?

takui

Members
Aug 28, 2013
Hi guys, just wondering....the find my phone function (and all the other cloud service) that come with your xiami phone, works only if you are using a miui rom, or its possible to activate it even with another rom (maybe it works through imei? Its possible?)?

If not possible to add it in other roms, which is the best locate/lock service that we can install in our phones? I'm currently using a aokp mod so i'm pretty curious about this...

ty but its not very accurate...in the area probably I can find something like 300 phones...maybe its better to find a good free app that can send the new sim number and maybe take a pic of the user... but they all seems not free

takui

Let's think for a briefly moment. Xiaomi ROM=MIUI

The only thing that Xiaomi does for non MIUI ROM's it's the launcher avaliable in Play Store, all other services like MiCloud, backup Find my phone it's only avaliable to Xiaomi ROM's.

It's almost if you ask if "find my iPhone" it's avaliable to other phones besides Apple's hardware.

The device manager from Google works well like I already posted in a similar thread (search before post next time) It brick the fastboot of my Mi-2 and it only can be restored through MiFlash if you try to erase it remotely.

Hi guys, just wondering....the find my phone function (and all the other cloud service) that come with your xiami phone, works only if you are using a miui rom, or its possible to activate it even with another rom (maybe it works through imei? Its possible?)?

If not possible to add it in other roms, which is the best locate/lock service that we can install in our phones? I'm currently using a aokp mod so i'm pretty curious about this...
目前还没有办法,因为让支持其他ROM手机的话意味着我们要做一个单发的APP,而且这个APP需要集成电话短信联系人照片等基础结构,比较复杂,而且需要许多额外的工程师的力量。

如果用户呼声真的很高的话我们在未来也会考虑,但这个事情短期内肯定是没有办法实现的。我们可能会先提供数据导出的功能来曲线满足一下。
(I am a Chinese and my English is not very well,the message above were said by MIUI development group,I will try to translate it into English)
Translition is as follows:
I'm sorry we don't have a solution current,because we need to launch a new app to let the xiaomi cloud service support other ROMs,this APP need to integration Contacts,Messaging,photos and many other infrastructures,it was complexity,and meed many extea engineers' energy.
We will take this idea into consideration if many people want this function,but it is certainly not available currently.We may provide a dates export function first to satisfied users first.
(I don't know if my translation is correct and I don't know if you can understand it,but I tried...):p