Fix: USB connection notification is gone

katerpanne

Members
Apr 19, 2014
Hello together,

every time I connect the MI9 to PC there was an message on the homescreen and in the message center -> USB options MTP/charging/PTP

In the notification center I have clicked on the notification for longer time and disabled it.
Now the notification is only on the homescreen and not in the notification center.

Two questions:
- How can I enable USB notification in message center again
- Is there a possibility to get the notification only in the message center and not on the homescreen

Thnak you, regards kater

Hello together,

every time I connect the MI9 to PC there was an message on the homescreen and in the message center -> USB options MTP/charging/PTP

In the notification center I have clicked on the notification for longer time and disabled it.
Now the notification is only on the homescreen and not in the notification center.

Two questions:
- How can I enable USB notification in message center again
- Is there a possibility to get the notification only in the message center and not on the homescreen

Thnak you, regards kater
Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Android System -> Notifications -> USB connection
* Toggle on "Show notifications"
* Set "Importance" to "Minimal".

Reactions: Doregon
Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Android System -> Notifications -> USB connection
* Set "Importance" to "Minimal".

Thanks for the tip, but where can I find this setting in MIUI11 (runing on Xiaomi 5X). Thanks!

Reactions: Doregon
It's still there. You need to show all apps including systems apps, 3 dots in the upper right corner in menu manage apps.

You were right, thank! Checked mine settins, and the notificaition is set to high, yet nothing is happening :( I can't even add new music to my phone, it's really frustrating. Thanks for your tips!

Reactions: user 672
You were right, thank! Checked mine settins, and the notificaition is set to high, yet nothing is happening :( I can't even add new music to my phone, it's really frustrating. Thanks for your tips!
Try default USB config in Developer Options

Hi it is as already discussed... for notifications go to ...

Perhaps you have more then one entry... enable it for all and the phone will ask you.
The other possibility is in developer options -> usb standard configuration -> choose MTP

Regards Kater

Hi!
on MIUI 11, I wanted to disable the USB notification popup menu + notification.

This did not change anything:
* Set "Importance" to "Minimal". ((ps: since there is no "Minimal", I tried on "low" and "trivial"))

In developer options > USB default configuration: I chose File transfert (but I still get that annoying popup) (by the way there is no "MTP" option)

ps: I don't understand this:

Perhaps you have more then one entry... enable it for all and the phone will ask you.

sorry I just noticed, this forum is about a custom ROM (I have the global version)

Last edited: