Flash Mi 8 EE China Version to EU ROM?

OK. Yes, you need an unlocked bootloader to do that.

Before any of the below, you need to set up adb on a computer. (If you don't know how to do this, you're in for a long ride, but you will get there. Search for this on google.)
On your phone enable developer options, and enable USB debugging in developer options on the phone.
As soon as you enable USB debugging with the phone plugged into the computer, ensure you grant permission to the computer that you will use to do this - you will be prompted on the phone.

Right, ready to go?

Here is what you need to do:
1. Unlock you bootloader with the Xiaomi MiTool ( I found a version translated by Francesco Tescari - do a google for his name you will find it).
2.Remove Xiaomi account from the phone
3. Download TWRP 3.2.3 for the EE (Explorer Edition).
4. Download the Xiaomi EU ROM for EE: Find it here: https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-8-23-24.45845/
5. Flash TWRP using the tools in the download, and let it boot to recovery)
6. Format your data partition in TWRP, and flash the rom from your computer using the advanced flash option in TWRP, then ADB Sideload. On your computer, with adb set up, you need to enter the command adb sideload c:\path to the folder where the rom is\Rom.zip
7. Reboot your phone and enjoy.

Roms from xiaomi eu community will not encrypt your bootloader and will not wipe TWRP and replace it with stock recovery on each boot. If you flash an official ROM, both of these will happen.

I can make files available on request.

Is it mandatory to remove Xiaomi account from the phone?

I just install EU rom on my Mi8EE. I don't remove Xiaomi account and it work.. I need to launch TWRP - FORMAT data and then rI restart phone on fastboot mode.. start twrp again and move rom file to phone storage and flash it there. When it flashed I wipe cache and dev. Then reboot and it take about 2min when MIUI open :) then I need to verify my xiaomi account.. first need to connect wlan to get internet connection. Keyboard doesn't open to write password so I write password to verify box and copy it to wifi password. Now everything working.

Reactions: IvanGomez
Wish I could install the EU rom, cant get past unlocking bootloader. Gets stuck at 50% and cant verify.

I have a stupid question. Can you flash an unlocked ursa China rome with the mi flash tool and fastboot, a global xiaomi.eu rome?

Dont want to create another threat, but now that I have my phone unlocked, ive downloaded the rom but I have no idea which TWRP Recovery Zip to download. Cant find the Ursa version for the Mi 8 Explorer Edition.

Thanks

I have a stupid question. Can you flash an unlocked ursa China rome with the mi flash tool and fastboot, a global xiaomi.eu rome?

No, Eu Rom you can flash via your phone recovery (or Fastboot way with computer connected).
For MiFlash installation you need to download appropriate Ursa Rom where file suffix is '.tgz' !!!
You can find it on the official MIUI forum download page.

Could you share your insight?
I mean if the hardware is the same?
Is there something hardcoded within the fastboot partition?
Where do you get your knowledge from?
Thx and regards.
The Mi 8 Pro and Mi 8 EE use different software so it cant be ported over.

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Thank you!
I did not stumble over this thread yet.
Might be interesting to try anyway, I'll do some digging, thx again!

I got the feeling it's just another name for the same thing :)

Source:
Code:
https:// in.c .mi. com/thread-1161616-1-0.html

@Karpfenhai : I hope that Mi8EE and Mi8Pro (UK) are the identical .. the chinese ROM for EE is ok, but a global ROM is mooore acceptable ! :D

Ok ... I did it ! :D .. First, I downloaded the "Mi 8 Pro Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download", then I unziped it ! After that, i modified the file "flash_all.bat" - I replaced on the first two rows the word "equuleus" with "ursa". I started XiaoMiFlash.exe with the phone connected in fastboot mode and flash the ROM .. after 10 minutes, flashed ok - Mi 8 Pro model ! It works perfectly, onscreen fingerprint is ok, but I don't have face recognition anywhere in the menu ... but, for me it's not a must ! :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Karpfenhai
Ok ... I did it ! :D .. First, I downloaded the "Mi 8 Pro Latest Global Stable Version Fastboot File Download", then I unziped it ! After that, i modified the file "flash_all.bat" - I replaced on the first two rows the word "equuleus" with "ursa". I started XiaoMiFlash.exe with the phone connected in fastboot mode and flash the ROM .. after 10 minutes, flashed ok - Mi 8 Pro model ! It works perfectly, onscreen fingerprint is ok, but I don't have face recognition anywhere in the menu ... but, for me it's not a must ! :D
Becouse global rom does not have face Id. In order to set the face Id on global rom you have to change the phone country (I don't remember which region specifically) and then it appears on the settings menu.
Thank you for the test anyway!

I'm glad to hear it worked out as expected!

Enjoy your phone!!

Reactions: Baiony
I set the region to "India" to have "wallpaper carousel" and "themes" .. I think the problem with face recognition is because Mi8EE has 3D face recognition and Mi8PRO has infrared face recognition .. I guess, I'm not sure ! :D

L.E. : I changed the region to Taiwan (or Indonesia) and now appear "Add face data", but when I try to setup a new "face" displays the message "couldn't recognize you" ! .. I think is a "driver" problem ! :)

Last edited:

Hi, I saw other files that is identical with the "flash_all.bat": "flash_all_except_storage.bat", "flash_all_lock.bat", and "flash_all_lock_crc.bat", need to do the same change, or not?