Flash stock and lock bootloader question

PawelJ

Members
Jul 22, 2022
Hi, cause gpay dislike unlocked bootloader i would like to flash stock rom with lock bootloader.
I buy official store, Poland Mi 11. It was with google play, PL, locked bootloader. I unlock it.
Now i use xiaomi eu.
I would like to flash stock rom+lock bootlaoder. How to check which rom shoul i falsh: GLOBAL or EU? or whatever?
I dont want brick phone.

It doesn't matter if you install Global or EEA ROM.
If you bought a Global device in Poland, it originally had an EEA ROM

You can install any Global ROM derivative (RU, EEA, ID, IN, TW, etc.). If you want automatic call recording, you can install Indonesian ROM.
You must not use a Chinese ROM.

It doesn't matter if you install Global or EEA ROM.
If you bought a Global device in Poland, it originally had an EEA ROM

You can install any Global ROM derivative (RU, EEA, ID, IN, TW, etc.). If you want automatic call recording, you can install Indonesian ROM.
You must not use a Chinese ROM.
I would also like a ROM with
+ MIUI dialer (call recording)
+ full Google Services (including G-Pay)

I bought a Poco F2 Pro in from Amazon Spain, originally with EEA stock ROM (QJKEUXM in my notes)
- Can I try the Indonesian (ID) before attempting to lock the BL? Just install the recovery version of ID rom using TWRP in my device?
- Are you 100% sure about the compatibility you mentioned? Can I lock the BL of my EEA device, to the Indonesian ROM?

Thanks in advance!

I would also like a ROM with
+ MIUI dialer (call recording)
+ full Google Services (including G-Pay)

I bought a Poco F2 Pro in from Amazon Spain, originally with EEA stock ROM (QJKEUXM in my notes)
- Can I try the Indonesian (ID) before attempting to lock the BL? Just install the recovery version of ID rom using TWRP in my device?
- Are you 100% sure about the compatibility you mentioned? Can I lock the BL of my EEA device, to the Indonesian ROM?

Thanks in advance!
That's exactly what I'm looking for in Hungary! Working bank apps and GPay with Call Recording options. What about the language? Only English, or even local (Hungarian in my can) is feasible if I use Indonesian ROM?

zelota33

dith77

Indonesian ROM is a derivative of Global ROM for Indonesia.
It contains Google utilities and language selection like Goobal or EEA ROM. It uses MIUI Dialer with call recording.
The ideal installation is to use Miflash using the script: clean all - flash_all.bat
(It resets the entire phone, including the storage!)
Bez názvu.png

If you are satisfied with the ROM, you can lock the bootloader fastboot with the command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock

Last edited:

zelota33

dith77

It contains Google utilities and language selection like Goobal or EEA ROM. It uses MIUI Dialer with call recording.
The ideal installation is to use Miflash using the script: clean all - flash_all.bat
View attachment 49946

If you are satisfied with the ROM, you can lock the bootloader fastboot with the command:
Code:
fastboot oem lock
This is very interesting:

I read that for OxygenOS, if your phone came with Global ROM, you can't lock the bootloader after flashing Indonesia ROM.

Is this limitation not true for MIUI/HyperOS?

That's exactly what I'm looking for in Hungary! Working bank apps and GPay with Call Recording options. What about the language? Only English, or even local (Hungarian in my can) is feasible if I use Indonesian ROM?
Were you able to find original Indonesian ROM that works with your Pocophone?

Coloeus

What does OnePlus, Huawei or Samsung have to do with Xiaomi's policy?
I thought all vendors apply same policies. If the ROM is not the exact same ROM that the device came with, you can't lock the bootloader again, and that applies for regions as well.
This is the first time I read you can change regions, so I wanted to confirm it.

Does MIUI India version also let you lock the bootloader?

Last edited:

zelota33

dith77

View attachment 49946

Code:
fastboot oem lock
thanks for the mini guide!

I have already tried the Indonesian. It works just fine (call recording also), but I missed so much the tiny improvements in the UI of the "xiaomi.eu" ROM that I switched back a week later. Currently I'm following the Magisk+Integrityfix method to get a working Gpay.

I'm about to check the newest version of Poco F2 ROM released today. Hopefully a final solution will be achieved... my phone is a mess and I'm tired of switching roms.

I had it installed for a week or so (fastboot method), but I didn't see your message to check specifically for Hungarian.
There were a bunch of languages to choose. It has Greek (my language) so I bet Hungarian too.

Were you able to find original Indonesian ROM that works with your Pocophone?
Sorry for the late reply, I didn't follow the thread for a while.
Since there was a quick and dirty solution from DEVs to my problem in the meantime, I have left behind this Indonesian ROM stuff for now. I've stayed on EU ROM with apk for GPay to work.

Hi all. I have just flashed the Indonesia rom. originally I was on EEA rom. everything looks like it works ok.
Is it safe to lock the bootloader with the indonesia rom flashed? also do you know if gpay will work on this rom if I come from the EEA rom?
I done a quick play integrity check and it only shows meets basic inegrity.
on locking should it pass device and strong integrity? or will I need to stay on the EEA rom to pass all 3?

I have not locked yet. think I will have to try the EEA rom or do the Magisk root. All calls are showing as Unknown Number. strange as all texts seem to work fine

zelota33

dith77

View attachment 49946

Code:
fastboot oem lock
Is this procedure reversible? Can I go back later to unlocked bootloader? And how?

Just flashed the EEA rom and calls are working again. Guess the Indonesia rom is not 100% compatible with Three in the UK
note after flashing factory rom and locking bootloader ALL play integrity checks failed!
If you try this and your phone fails play integrity check try a factory reset. On mine after doing a factory reset everything passed.
Wish the Indonesia rom worked for me seems faster with a lot less crap to uninstall with the bonus of call recording

Last edited: