Flashing EU rom on Mi 10 (umi) - Noob needs help! Questions!

hpmp109

Members
Dec 1, 2020
Hi all,

First off, sorry for what is probably very basic questions - I have looked everywhere online, read countless guides and yet still managed to mess up.

I got my Mi 10 (umi) a while back and unlocked the phone. After trying to install an EU rom and doing what I thought was the correct instructions, I managed to softbrick my phone. Using the MiFlash tool I was able to install a global rom (current version 12.0.6).

I would like to try again and install Xiaomi EU rom again as I would like dual SIM card functionality.

Can anyone please write/send me a comprehensive guide? I am an absolute noob at this.

- Do I need a specific ADB driver / install package for the Mi 10 (umi)? Where can I find the official download for this?

- Do I need a specific TWRP for the Mi 10 (umi)? If so, where can I find the official download?

- Where can I find the best, stable and easiest to flash EU rom for the Mi 10 (umi)?

- I would like to be able to use banking apps like Google Pay and so on after flashing the EU rom (currently my phone fails CTS profile match in SafetyNet test after using the MiFlash to flash the Global Rom) - how can I pass safety net after flashing to EU rom?

Thank you in advance everyone!

Reactions: Jadoo
Hi all,

First off, sorry for what is probably very basic questions - I have looked everywhere online, read countless guides and yet still managed to mess up.

I got my Mi 10 (umi) a while back and unlocked the phone. After trying to install an EU rom and doing what I thought was the correct instructions, I managed to softbrick my phone. Using the MiFlash tool I was able to install a global rom (current version 12.0.6).

I would like to try again and install Xiaomi EU rom again as I would like dual SIM card functionality.

Can anyone please write/send me a comprehensive guide? I am an absolute noob at this.

- Do I need a specific ADB driver / install package for the Mi 10 (umi)? Where can I find the official download for this?

- Do I need a specific TWRP for the Mi 10 (umi)? If so, where can I find the official download?

- Where can I find the best, stable and easiest to flash EU rom for the Mi 10 (umi)?

- I would like to be able to use banking apps like Google Pay and so on after flashing the EU rom (currently my phone fails CTS profile match in SafetyNet test after using the MiFlash to flash the Global Rom) - how can I pass safety net after flashing to EU rom?

Thank you in advance everyone!
Just few simple steps
1. Bootloader unlock
2. Ensure that your pc with adb and fastboot driver installed
3. Flash the TWRP that suitable only for Mi10, for me im using 3.4.2b, you may refer to https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/mi-10-and-mi-10-pro-twrp-3-4-2b-2020-12-06-from-lr-team.56577/
4. Boot to recovery
5. In TWRP, choose wipe > FORMAT DATA, type yes and continue
6. Reboot to recovery again
7. Transfer the xiaomi.eu rom zip file to internal storage via MTP
8. Install it (Flash it).
9. Reboot to system. Done.

For me everything is fine, no issues with the banking app. If you face any issue or want to pass the safety net, you have to root your phone by flashing magisk in TWRP.