For Sale: New Mi2s Smartphone

munsterh

Members
Nov 24, 2012
i am selling my new Mi2s Smartphone. The phone is new, works perfectually but I am not able to root the phone and update it with an updated rom. Somehow I dont have the permissions and the update apps.

The phone comes in original package but please only serious buyers who either use the phone without root or know how to update the phone even without permissions and update apps.

Price: 310,- shipped

No update app? Sounds suspicious. More information please and a screenshot of the system information page.

Sent from my MI 2 using Tapatalk 4

IMG_20130818_111337.jpg
IMG_20130818_111044.jpg
IMG_20130818_111258.jpg

IMG_20130818_111356.jpg

The phone is an original Mi2s.
I bought it from ibuygou, however when it arrived apps were crashing constantly.
I sent it back therefore and it came back repaired, however unrooted and without permissions and updater.

Can anybody tell me how I can root the phone and update it with the latest rom

The phone is an original Mi2s.
I bought it from ibuygou, however when it arrived apps were crashing constantly.
I sent it back therefore and it came back repaired, however unrooted and without permissions and updater.

Can anybody tell me how I can root the phone and update it with the latest rom

First Download latest MIUI-3.8.16.zip and rename it to update.zip
Power-off the phone
After phone completely shuts down hold volume up button and power button
After u see xiaomi display just release both the buttons
You will enter into miui-recovery
In recovery you have option to flash update.zip just select it, Now you have latest MIUI with root
If you want the CWM recovery just download it and rename it and update.zip and flash it as above

I get into the menu with recovery 3e. However the power button does not work when I press it to choose any of the menu choice, like update from sd card

Sorry to tell you but if you get 3e recovery then you have a fake.

Wasn't ibuygou a trustworthy source for original mi2?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Usually it is but you seem to have gone unlucky here.

3e recovery is the number one indicator of fakes.

I think you should contact ibuygou and complain about this.
Demand a new original phone.

Try to contact paypal as well, see if you can cancel the transaction due to a fraud.

I have to clarify a few things:

A) I can now confirm that this is a fake and of course, as such it is not for sale
B) I have newer senna such a well made fake. It is outstanding
C) In realizing that this is a fake I realized that this us not the phone I sent back to ibuygou. It is actually a phone I bought st EBay and didn't arrive and after me complaint I got an refund and the seller said that he had been ripped off by his provider and that the phones were fake. I had completely forgotten about it because I was expecting the repaired phone from ibuygou to come back
D) Now that I have this fake could anybody help me how to install drivers, and how to root it. Who produces these fakes?

He said he already had a refund.
Lucky it wasn't resold on here if it's past was mistaken! Thanks for coming on and explaining.

Ibuygou I apologise!

Fake phone easily seen by the stamps in the back of the box. Also misses the validation sticker

I have to clarify a few things:

A) I can now confirm that this is a fake and of course, as such it is not for sale
B) I have newer senna such a well made fake. It is outstanding
C) In realizing that this is a fake I realized that this us not the phone I sent back to ibuygou. It is actually a phone I bought st EBay and didn't arrive and after me complaint I got an refund and the seller said that he had been ripped off by his provider and that the phones were fake. I had completely forgotten about it because I was expecting the repaired phone from ibuygou to come back
D) Now that I have this fake could anybody help me how to install drivers, and how to root it. Who produces these fakes?
It probably contains an MTK chipset, you could try to figure that out with CPU-Z or other tools. Then you could look on MTK forums if there is a solution to root the phone. Updating the phone is not possible.

Could you post a photo of the back of the phone without cover and without battery?