Force Close on Browser

instien

Members
Nov 17, 2011
So for some reason Browser force closes every time I try to load it. I even tried installing Dolphin HD and Maxthon Browser. They would load, but the second I try to use pinch to zoom they each force close as well. I'm using the 1.11.11 on the dINC. Any s***estions?

Typical releases of these updates are every Friday? Correct me if i'm wrong, cause there's a high possibility of that. :D

Yes, a new version is released every Friday. It might take a little longer to port over to some devices.

Unfortunately the update to .18 did not solve the issue. Stock browser still force closes at open, and all alternative browsers force close the second you attempt to pinch to zoom.

Hmm...not sure what's going on. The stock browser, Opera Mini and Opera Mobile all work fine for me. I'm using Chad's Incredikernel. Are you using the stock or a replacement kernel.

i tried stock, and incredikernel. Both of which had the same issues. My wife's phone is the same way. Hows your battery life with either kernel? I was experiencing heavy drains. Switched back to cm7 till some concerns are answered.

i tried stock, and incredikernel. Both of which had the same issues. My wife's phone is the same way. Hows your battery life with either kernel? I was experiencing heavy drains. Switched back to cm7 till some concerns are answered.

Go to application, find all apps, (browser system app) then clear cache and data. Let's see if that fixes everything

sent from my MIUIdroid-1- using TAPaTALK

Tried that as well ... even removed the browser.apk from system/app/ and reinstall. No luck.

...Hows your battery life with either kernel? I was experiencing heavy drains...
I don't see much difference in battery life from kernel to kernel. Incredikernel probably uses less battery in standby than the stock kernel. I use Incredikernel because it allows the phone to charge about twice as fast as stock. I don't think there is much you can do in a kernel to improve battery live when the device is in use.

Well, I could live with bad battery life, either way, it doesn't matter to me because I have multiple batteries I just switch out. But the FC on the Browsers is something I cannot live with. Strange that yours works, and neither mine, nor my wifes does. I've tried everything.

@instien Would be good to get a feel if this is just dinc people (me included) Or if this is happening to others.

@scottb The FC that instien is refering to happens immediately upon starting the browser. The FC fix in 11.18 was for large pages causing the FC ... thats what my take is anyway.

I've asked in every forum I could. In the incredible forum, on xda, even went to the live chat and waited for a response. Had mixed results though ... some people have the same problem, but some dont. I've tried every fix s***ested with no luck. Patiently waiting for a fix. Not a big deal until then.

EDIT: Forum blurs out the word su ggested?? Weeeeeird?