Frequent Disconnections On 4g

thenext1

Members
Mar 9, 2016
Hi
Since I've got my Redmi Pro (Mediatek) I have noticed a lot of "flash" disconnections and reconnections to mobile data.
Most of the times it will just shut down data (all icons disappear) and restart in 3-5 secs. Not weird enough, as I haven't had these with any other Qualcomm device, there are also 1-minute pauses in which mobile data doesn't work, with the H icon and the activity indicator showing only upload (the connection is limp).
Keeping an eye on it I have found that it happens when the phone transitiona from 4g to 3g. Setting the connection to 2g only or 3g only fixed the problem (but obviously no LTE).
This seems like a baseband or Mediatek issue. I have noticed the baseband version is bumped up each weekly build. Now we're on .....v13.18.P58.
I have sent a bug report to Xiaomi.

Tech aside, anyone can relate on this?
thanks

Come on, nobody?
Recap after two weeks' use:
1) Phone tries to lock 4G signal even if too weak, and is kicked out right away. Repeat every minute (can drain battery very fast in the "right" area with poor 4G reception).
2) Phone struggles with keeping a working H signal when moving fast. Data icon present but internet connection is limp. Can go on for minutes.
both did not happen with my Mi5

I noticed on SIM2 I got frequent disconnections and less if I moved the card to SIM1. Problem is that I don't have 3G subscription, so my reconnections were between 3G and 3.5G

I'm using SIM2 as I don't have a micro-sim adapter handy... I will try SIM 1.
Thanks for your message.