Fullscreen gestures on 3rd party launchers. [Poco F3]

pinkz88

Members
Apr 29, 2021
I used to use a Redmi Note 7 (Android 10) with xiaomi.eu ROM and I used my own launcher with fullscreen gestures for years, recently got a Poco F3 (Android 11, Global stock ROM) and noticed that you can't use a 3rd party launcher with fullscreen gestures anymore.
Do they still work with xiaomi.eu ROM on the phone? Any workarounds for stock firmware?

Thanks.

Thanks again, I was afraid of that, not as big of a bummer but still more annoying than it used to be. Any hope that one day there might be patches for it or is it inherently something Android 11 lacks and requires the launcher to support it? Even though it was officially only added in 10.

Thanks again, I was afraid of that, not as big of a bummer but still more annoying than it used to be. Any hope that one day there might be patches for it or is it inherently something Android 11 lacks and requires the launcher to support it? Even though it was officially only added in 10.
Android 10 have fallback full-screen gestures (without the "gesture indicator" at the bottom) implemented in the System UI.
In Android 11, Xiaomi completely removed the implementation (maybe due to some framework limitations, I'm not sure) from the System UI, so only the new gestures (with the "gesture indicator"), which are implemented in the MIUI System launcher, are used. Nothing to fallback to if MIUI System launcher is not running in memory.
So no, this isn't something we can just patch. It's up to Xiaomi.

Reactions: Poney70