New Fuxi Camera App Missing Beautification

smallfrog

Members
Jun 19, 2023
I installed latest Stable Rom (V14.0,29.0) for Fuxi. So far everyhing is OK except the Camera App. The beautification is not working on the Selfie camera. Also there are some feature missing in comparison with Chinese version. I did try to Format Factory, reinstall app but the issue is still there

Has anyone had the same problem? If yes, how did you fix it?
Thank you for any help or tips.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 223855.png
Screenshot 2023-06-19 223932.png

I found the issue but I don't know how to fix it. I tried to decompile the Xiaomi Camera App and see the issue may come from the way Xiaomi generate JsonString which is not correct. Unfortunately, I can't go further because of lacking source code.
As you can see in the image, the JsonString is generated incorrect so it can't be parsed to have beauty features

Attachments

• json error.png
    json error.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 128
I installed latest Stable Rom (V14.0,29.0) for Fuxi. So far everyhing is OK except the Camera App. The beautification is not working on the Selfie camera. Also there are some feature missing in comparison with Chinese version. I did try to Format Factory, reinstall app but the issue is still there

Has anyone had the same problem? If yes, how did you fix it?
Thank you for any help or tip

I found the issue but I don't know how to fix it. I tried to decompile the Xiaomi Camera App and see the issue may come from the way Xiaomi generate JsonString which is not correct. Unfortunately, I can't go further because of lacking source code.
As you can see in the image, the JsonString is generated incorrect so it can't be parsed to have beauty features
Who can fix the this problem. I have been wating for a long time.

Have you tried "globle rom" yet?
No, I don't. My phone has a lot of data so I don't want to change the rom. I come to Xiaomi.eu because of its performance as well as the Dialer App so I don't want to come back the "globle rom". I try to find a way to fix the issue but not luck :(

I'll investigate that further, it's just strange.

EDIT: The JSON seems to be fine, at least it's parsable by org.json.JSONObject.
The problem is that this JSON seems to be for Global/India region, while the app operates for CN region due to ro.miui.build.region=cn being set, so both "GLRegion" and "INRegion" are ignored and the required configs are not found.

Last edited:
Reactions: smallfrog
I'll investigate that further, it's just strange.

EDIT: The JSON seems to be fine, at least it's parsable by org.json.JSONObject.
The problem is that this JSON seems to be for Global/India region, while the app operates for CN region due to ro.miui.build.region=cn being set, so both "GLRegion" and "INRegion" are ignored and the required configs are not found.
Many thanks for looking into the issue. I tried to decompile the Camera App and see that your investigation is correct.
json_error2.png

Hello, the good news is that the issue already fixed on V14.0.31.0.

Many thanks to the team.

Sent from my 2211133G using Tapatalk

Reactions: Spookie
Hello, the good news is that the issue already fixed on V14.0.31.0.

Many thanks to the team.

Hi there, unfortunately on my Xiaomi 13 and the xiaomi.eu stable just flashed (14.0.31) problem remains exactly as it is described here... maybe the problem is fixed on weekly roms or?

Hi there, unfortunately on my Xiaomi 13 and the xiaomi.eu stable just flashed (14.0.31) problem remains exactly as it is described here... maybe the problem is fixed on weekly roms or?
Hi, maybe you can try to do a factory reset and try again? I am on the latest stable version (14.0.31) and everything is working fine

Hi, maybe you can try to do a factory reset and try again? I am on the latest stable version (14.0.31) and everything is working fine

Thanks for your quick answer... unfortunately I am struggling to transfer all my data from my old 10t pro for two days now and I am not willing for now.. BUT tomorrow I will setup another new mi13 for a friend of mine and I will check first the original rom and after flashing xiaomi.eu 14.0.31.. will come back with the results...

Thanks for your quick answer... unfortunately I am struggling to transfer all my data from my old 10t pro for two days now and I am not willing for now.. BUT tomorrow I will setup another new mi13 for a friend of mine and I will check first the original rom and after flashing xiaomi.eu 14.0.31.. will come back with the results...
Sure, please remember DO NOT wide darkwin cache

Sure, please remember DO NOT wide darkwin cache

Thanks, I am not sure what you mean... if I try to reflash mine or onto the new one? On mine I used the batch scripts on fastboot mode so no other option... I used the flash with format...

Just now informed from my friend running official 14.0.27 (eu global) that camera works fine there

Same on k60 pro
@Igor Eisberg can you help with this issue please
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:437)
at com.android.camera.fragment.beauty.MakeupSingleCheckAdapter.normalItem(Unknown Source:12)
at com.android.camera.fragment.beauty.MakeupSingleCheckAdapter$SingleCheckViewHolder.onClick(Unknown Source:145)
at android.view.View.performClick(Unknown Source:17)
at android.view.View.performClickInternal(Unknown Source:3)
at android.view.View.-$$Nest$mperformClickInternal(Unknown Source:0)
at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(Unknown Source:8)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:182)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:82)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:123)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:312)

Last edited:
@Igor Eisberg can you help with this issue please
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 1, Size: 1
at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:437)
at com.android.camera.fragment.beauty.MakeupSingleCheckAdapter.normalItem(Unknown Source:12)
at com.android.camera.fragment.beauty.MakeupSingleCheckAdapter$SingleCheckViewHolder.onClick(Unknown Source:145)
at android.view.View.performClick(Unknown Source:17)
at android.view.View.performClickInternal(Unknown Source:3)
at android.view.View.-$$Nest$mperformClickInternal(Unknown Source:0)
at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(Unknown Source:8)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Unknown Source:2)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Unknown Source:4)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Unknown Source:182)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Unknown Source:82)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(Unknown Source:123)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(Unknown Source:11)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(Unknown Source:312)
This is caused by native code. There is no pretty way to fix this without causing other issues.

Hey everyone,

I recently installed xiaomi.eu_multi_NUWA_OS1.0.23.11.8.DEV_os1-14 on my 13 Pro and encountered the same issue with only the reset button available.

I found a 3 years od on reddit "Enable MIUI Camera's experimental features" If you go to INTERNAL SHARED MEMORY> DCIM> CAMERA and create a new folder, named lab_options_visible , your Camera app will now have some experimental settings
If you go to INTERNAL SHARED MEMORY> DCIM> CAMERA and create a new folder, named lab_options_visible , your Camera app will now have some experimental settings

Following these steps resolved the problem for me, and I hope it works for everyone else too.