New Xiaomi MIUI 14.0.28 eu stable camera app not working

marcosmark

Members
Oct 14, 2023
Hello fellow Xiaomi users,

I recently encountered a problem with my Xiaomi 13 Pro after switching to the European version of MIUI. I was previously on the global version (14.0.5), and I had an unlocked bootloader. To use Google Pay, I decided to switch to the European MIUI version, and now I'm on 14.0.28 stable. While Google Pay seems to work fine, I'm facing a camera issue.

When I try to open the camera, it's just a black screen, and the app doesn't respond. I left it running for a while, and it eventually showed the camera menus, but the screen remained black, and I couldn't see any images. After some time, I received an error message saying the camera was not responding with two options: "Wait" and "OK." Selecting "Wait" didn't help as the message kept reappearing, and choosing "OK" forced the app to close.

I've already tried restarting the device, clearing the cache, and forcing the camera app to stop, but the issue persists. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any suggestions for a solution, please share your insights. I'd greatly appreciate any help in resolving this camera issue on my Xiaomi 13 Pro.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Reactions: cau2dz
Hello fellow Xiaomi users,

I recently encountered a problem with my Xiaomi 13 Pro after switching to the European version of MIUI. I was previously on the global version (14.0.5), and I had an unlocked bootloader. To use Google Pay, I decided to switch to the European MIUI version, and now I'm on 14.0.28 stable. While Google Pay seems to work fine, I'm facing a camera issue.

When I try to open the camera, it's just a black screen, and the app doesn't respond. I left it running for a while, and it eventually showed the camera menus, but the screen remained black, and I couldn't see any images. After some time, I received an error message saying the camera was not responding with two options: "Wait" and "OK." Selecting "Wait" didn't help as the message kept reappearing, and choosing "OK" forced the app to close.

I've already tried restarting the device, clearing the cache, and forcing the camera app to stop, but the issue persists. If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any suggestions for a solution, please share your insights. I'd greatly appreciate any help in resolving this camera issue on my Xiaomi 13 Pro.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

I also experienced this error, it appeared overnight!
Xiaomi 13 : xiaomi.eu 14.0.31.0
(taking pictures black window! the video won't start! tik-tok only shows pictures!) No sound! the phone is silent!
Only factory reset helped! :-(
I don't know what is causing this error! ?
Strange!
Hello

Reactions: marcosmark
Same here with POCO F4 GT with stable V14.0.7.0.
Tried updating to stable V14.0.10.0 but it didn't solve it.

I guess I'm gonna try too a factory reset, but this is beyond annoying: the problems just showed up this morning after a completely normal boot and I've been on the same stable release for 10 months o_O

I just used my camera this evening at around 8 PM and half an hour later, same issue as already described above.

I already tried restart, turn off and let off for a few minutes.
I tried force-stop for all the apps.
I cleared caches for all running apps

I cleared all data for apps like camera, gallery, play store, Xiaomi services framework.

The camera module is not available at all (behaves like the kernel would be completely missing the camera driver).
Camera doesn't respond in any app.

Not even the flash can be used.

I mean...WTF?! Really..

I restarted my Xiaomi 13, since then, no flashlight, camera app and some others like Gmail are not loading and crashing, videos are not loading, microphone crashes the phone, no system/notifications/alarm sounds, some notifications appear blank, some notification quick buttons are not working (like WiFi button), quick ball is not appearing anymore (it's enabled). Gallery shows my pictures, but can't open them.

Tried to do diagnosis, CIT is freezing then crashing almost all the time. Once I did a flash test, flash is OK, so no hardware issue.
MIUI 14.0.31.0

Last edited:
I switched back to the official ROM.

At this point i have 0 trust in this custom ROM.
My Wallet was never working in the custom EU ROM as addressed in another discussion and no developer seems to care for this.
I am not an isolated case of issues with missing to pass security check on google play store, for NFC payments to work.

NOW, another major issue popping out of a sudden, in sync with other people, looks incredibly concerning.

The way camera behaved (not being accessible by any application), nor even the flash,
it could very well mean that the camera was being accessed thru the firmware for an exploit in the ROM itself, accessing a live feed from the phone.
I am not saying this is what happened, I couldn't really care to check it further.
BUT it very well may be such a case when you get such a behaviour. (including same when a microphone is not accessible).

I would suggest anyone having ANY issue with this ROM just get back to the official one until there would be a really stable version of the custom rom.

I still appreciate the developers for their effort, and would happily come back and even support them IF there would be any announcements of what was the issue here, if Google Security check is passing for everyone without exception that are just left behind, and overall by treating the users with a bit more care.
I'm a developer myself :)

Overall with my Xiaomi 13 PRO is the first time I am really disappointed in Xiaomi. There would be no discussion if the Official ROM would not have issues with missing features across continents. It's just stupid to have the EEA and global ROM only available in Unlocked bootloader thus NOT being able to use Google Wallet.

I switched back to the official ROM.

At this point i have 0 trust in this custom ROM.
My Wallet was never working in the custom EU ROM as addressed in another discussion and no developer seems to care for this.
I am not an isolated case of issues with missing to pass security check on google play store, for NFC payments to work.

NOW, another major issue popping out of a sudden, in sync with other people, looks incredibly concerning.

The way camera behaved (not being accessible by any application), nor even the flash,
it could very well mean that the camera was being accessed thru the firmware for an exploit in the ROM itself, accessing a live feed from the phone.
I am not saying this is what happened, I couldn't really care to check it further.
BUT it very well may be such a case when you get such a behaviour. (including same when a microphone is not accessible).

I would suggest anyone having ANY issue with this ROM just get back to the official one until there would be a really stable version of the custom rom.

I still appreciate the developers for their effort, and would happily come back and even support them IF there would be any announcements of what was the issue here, if Google Security check is passing for everyone without exception that are just left behind, and overall by treating the users with a bit more care.
I'm a developer myself :)

Overall with my Xiaomi 13 PRO is the first time I am really disappointed in Xiaomi. There would be no discussion if the Official ROM would not have issues with missing features across continents. It's just stupid to have the EEA and global ROM only available in Unlocked bootloader thus NOT being able to use Google Wallet.
My Google wallet works with stable, but not with weekly ROM. Maybe a clean install would fix this issue.

About the camera app, I have the feeling that maybe it has to do something with time, it's very strange that so many people reported it on the same day, I wouldn't be surprised if it's even the same hour.

My Google wallet works with stable, but not with weekly ROM. Maybe a clean install would fix this issue.

About the camera app, I have the feeling that maybe it has to do something with time, it's very strange that so many people reported it on the same day, I wouldn't be surprised if it's even the same hour.
I was on stable. https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads...ch-failed-xiaomieu-14-0-28.69967/#post-701910
It worked or seemed all legit right after install and it failed and started to show Play Protect security issues when tried the first payment.

The thing is, a phone is in many ways a needed tool nowadays.
short story: I got the xiaomi 13 pro for the water resistant, to be confident to have it at the pool. I was in an outdoor pool, with only my phone. Went to order something, pay with phone and surprise: FAIL. (for the reason above). It was both embarrassing and annoying.
Last evening when camera decided to stop working i was VERY lucky. Half an hour before I was in a restaurant and the menu was only available with QR Code. It was the last moment I had camera working. It was a critical one. I would've been unable to see the Restaurant menu half an hour later.

That's the annoyance that software developers sometimes don't treat these devices with enough respect for what they really mean in our day to day life.
I'm not willing to keep installing custom versions for test. Takes 1 full day to get all the app setups and logins back...everytime.

Same problems here XIAOMI 13 FUXI 14.0.31.0.TMCCNXM STABLE no camera, no ringing, cannot change ringtone, and possible other problems that i have not discoverde yet.
I have always problems with contact search and missing all contacts but sometimes with restart was ok.
But now all these problems from nowhere.

Can we run again the update script with the same 14.0.31.0 to overwrite rom? without missing any data

Same problem as @klimis on my Mi 13 [2211133G] with stable V140.031.0.
Launch a photo application and a black screen. Android system webview application was updated last night.
- Update webview unstalled,
- Restore with Xiaomi cloud backup,
... but problem persists

EDIT: 13:00 reinstall rom with format solve a problem

Last edited:
Possible fix:
(haven't tried it, I just reinstalled a clean ROM)

Reactions: Hyacin
I am not expert so i ask; Can i install TWRP after rom installation? I Have 14.0.31.0 eu stable fuxi.

Will i lost any data?

My Mi 13 work but I have lost all data, windows fastboot update rom not solved my problem.
I have suspend 10 app update available on google play store , to conserv my system ready

My Mi 13 work but I have lost all data, windows fastboot update rom not solved my problem.
I have suspend 10 app update available on google play store , to conserv my system ready
EDIT: 10 app updated, App "android auto" and "Android system webview" updated and system WORK

Same issue here, 13 Ultra, started with Firefox not loading any pages a day or two ago. Noticed the camera this morning. Will try the above fix.