Game controller/joystick not working

Benjim

Members
Mar 19, 2021
Hey folks,

I have a CN Mi 11 on official CN latest software.

I bought a Razer Raiju Mobile and it doesn't work with my phone. It can navigate through the OS, mostly, and is detected by some games, but will not control anything in any game.

I've heard this is a kernel issue? Someone said this was an issue with MIUI, you could fix this by unlocking, installing TWRP, Magisk and a custom kernel.

I've a little experience with TWRP and Magisk, but was quite a while ago.

Any ideas?

Reactions: Cesararsrs
Same problem. I have a Mi 10t pro and a Xbox one gamepad, and it worked perfect before the MIUI 12.5. Now, only works some buttons and the joysticks doesn't work at any game. I have no idea what would be the issue and there's anything about this problem :'). might be doing a factory reset will fix it

Reactions: Benjim
I never resolved this. I ended up getting a refund for the Razer controllers.

HOWEVER, I noticed this in a video about the mi 11 ultra (I think) from the YouTuber 'Versus' that at one point he used a game controller in his video and it seemed to work seamlessly. Sure, mi 11 ultra is diff hardware but software can't be too different.

Try as I might, I can't find the video I'm referring to. It's late night here. The closest I can find is this from approx 09:48 (and a diff YouTuber altogether - 'the relaxing end':
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There a solid chance that the original video I was talking about was from Tech Spurt.

If you want me to dig further I'd be happy to.

But my distinct impression was that this was a software issue and msyhe had been ironed out with a future build that one of the YouTube reviewers was running.

Any reply/thoughts appreciated (from anyone)

Benji

Reactions: yosanjayy
I never resolved this. I ended up getting a refund for the Razer controllers.

HOWEVER, I noticed this in a video about the mi 11 ultra (I think) from the YouTuber 'Versus' that at one point he used a game controller in his video and it seemed to work seamlessly. Sure, mi 11 ultra is diff hardware but software can't be too different.

Try as I might, I can't find the video I'm referring to. It's late night here. The closest I can find is this from approx 09:48 (and a diff YouTuber altogether - 'the relaxing end':

There a solid chance that the original video I was talking about was from Tech Spurt.

If you want me to dig further I'd be happy to.

But my distinct impression was that this was a software issue and msyhe had been ironed out with a future build that one of the YouTube reviewers was running.

Any reply/thoughts appreciated (from anyone)

Benji
any updtaes?

Hey folks,

I have a CN Mi 11 on official CN latest software.

I bought a Razer Raiju Mobile and it doesn't work with my phone. It can navigate through the OS, mostly, and is detected by some games, but will not control anything in any game.

I've heard this is a kernel issue? Someone said this was an issue with MIUI, you could fix this by unlocking, installing TWRP, Magisk and a custom kernel.

I've a little experience with TWRP and Magisk, but was quite a while ago.

Any ideas?
Drivers

The problem was with Android 11 brought by MIUI12.5*