General sensor-fail after unlock (Mi Note 10 Lite)

Cosmo_Dookie

Members
Oct 1, 2020
Hello board-friends!

One more request :)

I noticed, right after the devices unbricking EVERYTHING worked out well, also all sensors did their job. Then I had to unlock the Bootloader (to fastload the Magisk.zip).

AND YES, the Xiaomi-Bootloader-Unlock-Tool sent a warning: "If you unlock your device, some features/sensors might not work correct anymore."
I unlocked the bootloader once (before I bricked the phone, and way before I had let it unbricked) and even after the first time the bootloader got unlocked,
every sensor worked and every function did what its supposed to do.

This time I unlocked the bootloader by Xiaomi-Tool and now the sensors dont work - seems a software issue.

My question is - does anyone know about it? (My MIUI-Version is the version 12 - global). The device is also rooted.

If you do have any experience or if you might how to fix that (probably without set completely back the whole device/relock it) - please feel free and let me know!
Any information is highly recommended.

Kind regards,
Cosmo

Hello board-friends!

One more request :)

I noticed, right after the devices unbricking EVERYTHING worked out well, also all sensors did their job. Then I had to unlock the Bootloader (to fastload the Magisk.zip).

AND YES, the Xiaomi-Bootloader-Unlock-Tool sent a warning: "If you unlock your device, some features/sensors might not work correct anymore."
I unlocked the bootloader once (before I bricked the phone, and way before I had let it unbricked) and even after the first time the bootloader got unlocked,
every sensor worked and every function did what its supposed to do.

This time I unlocked the bootloader by Xiaomi-Tool and now the sensors dont work - seems a software issue.

My question is - does anyone know about it? (My MIUI-Version is the version 12 - global). The device is also rooted.

If you do have any experience or if you might how to fix that (probably without set completely back the whole device/relock it) - please feel free and let me know!
Any information is highly recommended.

Kind regards,
Cosmo
Hi,
your Persist partition might got corrupted. You can extract it from official fastboot rom and then flash it in twrp (check before that if Persist partition is exposed in twrp). Flashing this partition may break your Widevine level 1.
Good luck, werty

Reactions: Cosmo_Dookie
Is it that file, could it be?

Its inside the official-global-image, at:

toco_eea_global_images_V11.0.11.0.QFNEUXM_20200722.0000.00_10.0_eea\images\persist.img

But its probably better to extract it from V12.. because I already use a version 12 or is there no big difference?

Attachments

• persist-image.jpg
    persist-image.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:
Is it that file, could it be?

Its inside the official-global-image, at:

toco_eea_global_images_V11.0.11.0.QFNEUXM_20200722.0000.00_10.0_eea\images\persist.img

But its probably better to extract it from V12.. because I already use a version 12 or is there no big difference?
Yeah, that's the file. It's better to flash the persist.img that corresponds to the version you have installed now.

Extracted it from a global-version of MIUI12 - flashed/installed it by TWRP - didnt make a difference - i just installed it by zip-install inside of TWRP.

Extracted it from a global-version of MIUI12 - flashed/installed it by TWRP - didnt make a difference - i just installed it by zip-install inside of TWRP.
First you need to mount Persist partition in Mount section of twrp and then go to install tap on Install as and choose image and then select persist.img

• Love
Thanks, Werty!
I appreciate your good help!

I will try that out, when I am back home work. I am very curious about it!Hopefully that will work out!

Edit: This is odd.. I cant check the box [ ] Persist in the Mount section - I can do this with any of these boxes/parameters,
but if i try to mount/click Persist - that will not work. Does that sound familiar to you? Did you ever hear about such a
situation?

Thank you, by the way, for your hints and information!

Last edited:
Thanks, Werty!
I appreciate your good help!

I will try that out, when I am back home work. I am very curious about it!Hopefully that will work out!

Edit: This is odd.. I cant check the box [ ] Persist in the Mount section - I can do this with any of these boxes/parameters,
but if i try to mount/click Persist - that will not work. Does that sound familiar to you? Did you ever hear about such a
situation?

Thank you, by the way, for your hints and information!
Did you try to install it as an .img file without Mounting Persist partition first? This is a problem of twrp but usually only the unofficial builds expose this partition. Can you check another recovery option?

Did you try to install it as an .img file without Mounting Persist partition first? This is a problem of twrp but usually only the unofficial builds expose this partition. Can you check another recovery option?

Yes, true. First I tried to install it without mounting the persist partition. I can check every other recovery options, except this one. My Version is the official global-12.

I will try out to make this thing work again - would be important (or at least a pitty if it cant be "restored").

Thank you for all your support!

Yes, true. First I tried to install it without mounting the persist partition. I can check every other recovery options, except this one. My Version is the official global-12.

I will try out to make this thing work again - would be important (or at least a pitty if it cant be "restored").

Thank you for all your support!
You can also ask some other mi note 10' users to send you the files located in root directory/persist/sensors and we could try make a flashable zip.