Gingerbread?

Just fyi, gingerbread is officially released.

Sent from my Nexus One using the miui-dev.com Forums App

From what I have seen of GB so far, it is extremely over-rated. Based upon my experience with the cm7 roms, it is slower that Froyo 2.2.1. In other words, you aren't missing anything.

From what I have seen of GB so far, it is extremely over-rated. Based upon my experience with the cm7 roms, it is slower that Froyo 2.2.1. In other words, you aren't missing anything.

Agreed, I am not even sure why they gave it a new name. It should just be considered a maintence update for Froyo if anything.

You have to keep in mind that CM7 is nowhere near "complete". It's not considered stable for a reason. There is still a lot of work to do to perfect it.

Salvage-Mod on the Evo 4G (basically a completely vanilla GB ROM) is very fast. Definitely faster than many of the Froyo ROMs I've tried. I just think it depends on who is creating the specific ROM and what kind of changes, if any, they are making. In the case of CM7, there are quite a few modifications from the original ROM that could be causing the slow performance. That said, there some things from GB that I can't wait to have in MIUI, particularly around text entry (copy/paste, cursor positioning, etc.).

You have to keep in mind that CM7 is nowhere near "complete". It's not considered stable for a reason. There is still a lot of work to do to perfect it.

Wasn't putting cm7 down. Merely assuming cm7 was the best GB out there so far and in my experience it was quite laggy. I'll give the version the other fellow recommended and see if it doesn't change my mind.

Sent from my PC36100 using the miui-dev.com Forums App

Wasn't putting cm7 down. Merely assuming cm7 was the best GB out there so far and in my experience it was quite laggy. I'll give the version the other fellow recommended and see if it doesn't change my mind.

Just for clarification, it's "Salvage-Mod." I initially misspelled it. I'm too used to Savaged-Zen.

I think the main issue for me with GB has been that it doesn't play well with LauncherPro. This probably the fault of LauncherPro and not GB. I believe cm7 comes with ADW stock and I don't think that has lag issues.

Moving miui and all its components over to 2.3 would be a significantly bigger effort than team douche have had to put in to move cyanogen mod. So although people keep asking for it I don't think it will move over until it becomes necessary.
My guess is we'll see HTC sense motoblur and touchwiz on 2.3 before miui
Sent from my DHD

Based upon my experience with the cm7 roms, it is slower that Froyo 2.2.1. In other words, you aren't missing anything. ....

Hopefully they'll never put 2.3 on miui. 2.4 is the real gingerbread

The viewpad 4 gets it in April. someone already dumped it from a Dev phone onto xda And it got ported to the incredible