Global Beta ROM 9.5.9 or similar update for Mi Max/Prime

Mi Max 1 (hydrogen & helium) are EOL, last releases eu 9.1.3, last official China & Global 9.2.28.

Xiaomi has just released global & China stables 10.2.2.0, means there will probably be an eu version soon.

I am running eu 9.1.3, works fine, am not planning on installing any stable, for now at least.

Reactions: Adolph Cabañas
Mi Max 1 (hydrogen & helium) are EOL, last releases eu 9.1.3, last official China & Global 9.2.28.

Xiaomi has just released global & China stables 10.2.2.0, means there will probably be an eu version soon.

I am running eu 9.1.3, works fine, am not planning on installing any stable, for now at least.
Thanks ever so much for replying to inquiries...
I am running Global Beta Global 9.2.28 for the longest time and am wanting an update to be able to avail of the dark mode but unfortunately updates stopped at Global Beta Global 9.2.28.
Would you suggest that I install eu 9.1.3? What is the latest eu rom for the Mi Max? I know my phone is dated. Still works well...

Best regards!

Reactions: cobben
Thanks ever so much for replying to inquiries...
I am running Global Beta Global 9.2.28 for the longest time and am wanting an update to be able to avail of the dark mode but unfortunately updates stopped at Global Beta Global 9.2.28.
Would you suggest that I install eu 9.1.3? What is the latest eu rom for the Mi Max? I know my phone is dated. Still works well...

Best regards!

The latest EU weekly is just 9.1.3.
There is an early version of "Night mode" in it.

Xiaomi.eu decided to EOL the Max1 then, somewhat earlier than Xiaomi did.

If you want a better "Night mode", you might wait and try the new EU stable 10.2.2.0.
If it has "Night mode", I don't know.

Yes, the Max1 is still a quite good phone, relatively powerfull soc 650/652, only real minus for me is not so good sound.

Reactions: Adolph Cabañas

If you want a better "Night mode", you might wait and try the new EU stable 10.2.2.0.

Yes, the Max1 is still a quite good phone, relatively powerfull soc 650/652, only real minus for me is not so good sound.

Thanks so much for the clear answer!

Warmest regards!

1) We don't build any V10.2 ROMs. Our current patches are only compatible with V10.3 (which are rolling out for all supported devices).
2) MIUI V10.2 doesn't have dark mode. It's too old. V10.2's code-base is dated back to Q3-Q4 of 2018.

1) We don't build any V10.2 ROMs. Our current patches are only compatible with V10.3 (which are rolling out for all supported devices).
2) MIUI V10.2 doesn't have dark mode. It's too old. V10.2's code-base is dated back to Q3-Q4 of 2018.

Understood.

Xiaomi has previously said the the Max1 were to get a final stable 10.3, maybe they got lazy.

Personally I don't care, eu 9.1.3 is running fine.

There is always LineageOS for flashaholics, and anyone who needs Xiaomi-free and/or Google-free Android.
Unofficial version seems, amazingly enough, to be well supported on XDA, with Android P and the May security update.
I have not tried it, I like MIUI functionality.