Global ROM = Real Global Version?

teka_22

Members
Jan 25, 2019
Hi there!

I'm new on Android interface.
I've just bought a Redmi Note 5 which was sell with "Global ROM" on it.
I thought it means it was an official Global Version with all the bandwidth of frequencies (B20 and B4 if i'm right).
But, I've checked the version with the serial number on Xiaomi official website.
It appears my phone is a China version.

Does it means it won't connect on B20 bandwidth ?
What is the differences between an official Global Version and an China Version with a Global ROM?

Thanks for your help.
I searched on the web but didn't find the answers..

Teka

Hi there!

I'm new on Android interface.
I've just bought a Redmi Note 5 which was sell with "Global ROM" on it.
I thought it means it was an official Global Version with all the bandwidth of frequencies (B20 and B4 if i'm right).
But, I've checked the version with the serial number on Xiaomi official website.
It appears my phone is a China version.

Does it means it won't connect on B20 bandwidth ?
What is the differences between an official Global Version and an China Version with a Global ROM?

Thanks for your help.
I searched on the web but didn't find the answers..

Teka

You're correct the chinese version cannot connect to band 4 and band 20 lte. It sounds like the device you bought was the chinese model with the global rom installed. This means it will have google play store/services installed etc but it's not possible to add or enable extra bands via software.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you for the answer.
I hope the seller will refund it back, because it was clearly said it was a global version with B20.

Thanks again!

Thank you for the answer.
I hope the seller will refund it back, because it was clearly said it was a global version with B20.

Thanks again!
Good luck, hopefully they don't mess you around and you get your refund, if you paid via PayPal that should help.

Thanks, I hope so...
I'm looking for a new one to buy.
Is the international version the same as the global version?

I have checked the Serial Number of the phone other guys bought on a website which tells it's the Global Version.
It appears it is in fact the international version. so maybe that's the same?

1549001730586.png

Have a good day!

Anyone knows about the difference between the Global Version and the International Version?

Anyone knows about the difference between the Global Version and the International Version?
There shouldn't be any difference, there's the China variant and the international/global variant for anywhere outside of China. The only issue is is when sneaky resellers market it as a "global" version by installing a global rom on it. What site are you looking at/ordering from? And which did you use before that sold you the chinese model?

The one who fooled me is a Rakuten seller.
I tried to buy one on the official Xiaomi website, but they are out of stock...
So i found this seller : htt ps: //fr. alie xpress .com/item/Mondial-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-4-gb-64-gb-5-99-Plein-cran-Double-Cam/32854848418.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dCKiRHB

I have succeed to read one of the serial number a customer has posted when he has received his/her phone. Xiomi official website tells me it was an official international version (the image i have posted on my previous message here).
So I'm quite confident.

What do you think?

I also can buy it on stores in France ben at a crazy price like 240€...

The one who fooled me is a Rakuten seller.
I tried to buy one on the official Xiaomi website, but they are out of stock...
So i found this seller : htt ps: //fr. alie xpress .com/item/Mondial-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-5-4-gb-64-gb-5-99-Plein-cran-Double-Cam/32854848418.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dCKiRHB

I have succeed to read one of the serial number a customer has posted when he has received his/her phone. Xiomi official website tells me it was an official international version (the image i have posted on my previous message here).
So I'm quite confident.

What do you think?

I also can buy it on stores in France ben at a crazy price like 240€...
If you check the sidebar wiki in xiaomi sub on reddit there are some recommended sellers in there for Ali and other reseller sites.

Here you go:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/wiki/resellers

I got mine from the below site, think they have a French site too. Im in the UK and it got to me in a week without any taxes/import fees and that's without paying for any extra delivery service.

https://www.eglobalcentraluk.com/#/product/27087

Thank you! I didn't find this list before. Event the guy from Xiaomi tells me the aliex.press "Offcial Xiaomi" account was just a partner, but they don't guaranty the devices are genius.
Mi Zealer sells officials one, I've checked thanks to a picture a buyer shares.

Thanks a lot!! I'll buy it there!