Going from 11 stable to 11 beta (9.10.17+)

nirh216

Members
Mar 31, 2011
Hi
I have mi 8 lite, had on beta of miui 10. updated to miui 11 (wipe data & cach & dalvik).
battery is draining faster comparing to global official rom.
I want to go to Beta 9.10.10 or up.
should I just format cache & dalvik or I need to format data as well?.. (and some other?)

Thanks!

Update 1:
wipe cache & dalvik cache.
flashed weekly ROM .9.10.17

Sent from my MI 8 Lite using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi
I have mi 8 lite, had on beta of miui 10. updated to miui 11 (wipe data & cach & dalvik).
battery is draining faster comparing to global official rom.
I want to go to Beta 9.10.10 or up.
should I just format cache & dalvik or I need to format data as well?.. (and some other?)

Thanks!

Yes format data, I done a factory reset too, I had no problem switching, make sure you back up all your stuff, songs and other stuff on internal memory

Sent from my MI CC 9 using Tapatalk

Are you sure that without any wipes it won't work???..

thanks

Are you sure that without any wipes it won't work???..

thanks

Yes beta and stable are totally different, it'll work like it is now with the extra battery drain and some bugs, you have to do clean install when switching from stable to beta, read to forums

Looks like in your case it's an upgrade from eu stable to eu weekly? Then make a backup of your data (or better whole phone) and try a dirty flash with only wipe cache and dalvik cache. When there are no issues after flashing, you're good to go.
Otherwise make a wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. After boot restore your backup and see if it works.
Format data is only necessary when coming from another non eu-ROM, i.e. Global stable or dev.

Yesss!
how can I restore from backup? Xiaomi cloud?

Yesss!
how can I restore from backup? Xiaomi cloud?

If your doing a full wipe and to clean install Yes use xiaomi cloud and Google backup, but make sure you backup your music too as its not done automatically, but if its a dirty flash, you won't wipe anything

Reactions: nirh216
Looks like in your case it's an upgrade from eu stable to eu weekly? Then make a backup of your data (or better whole phone) and try a dirty flash with only wipe cache and dalvik cache. When there are no issues after flashing, you're good to go.
Otherwise make a wipe data, cache and dalvik cache. After boot restore your backup and see if it works.
Format data is only necessary when coming from another non eu-ROM, i.e. Global stable or dev.
do you think that it may affect battery drain?
I mean if I clean install (with format data) or dirty flash (cach & dalvik)

does it matters?

No, a dirty flash is not necessarily a reason for increased power consumption. I'm always doing a dirty flash for ROM upgrades.
And a clean install is not necessarily a FORMAT DATA. Normally a WIPE DATA is enough.

What's the difference between format data and wipe data?.. isn't it the same?

Wipe > only your data will be wiped.
Format > internal storage gets wiped, too. There will be a warning in TWRP before format: "Warning! Format Data will format your internal Storage! Make sure you have made a backup of important data! This can't be undone!"