Google engine as default search engine and voice match

nickgrserifos

Members
Dec 24, 2018
Hi all,

I would like to know if there is the possibility to set as my default search engine the Google engine when I swipe up at the main screen. It would be great if you can change it.
Plus, does anybody know how can I enable "Ok google" function? When i go to voice match option and try to enable it nothing is happening.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: Alex-UAEG
Hi all,

I would like to know if there is the possibility to set as my default search engine the Google engine when I swipe up at the main screen. It would be great if you can change it.
Plus, does anybody know how can I enable "Ok google" function? When i go to voice match option and try to enable it nothing is happening.

Thanks in advance.
I have the same Problem. Didnt find a solution yet.

Apparently this will only be possible when the global ROM is out. Right now there is no compatible voice driver with Google.

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.
There is no way to change the swipe up action on default launcher. I suggest you try a 3rd party launcher that might have this functionality. Sadly, OK Google doesn't work on any MIUI ROMs based on Pie :(

Huh?

OK google / voice match is working fine on both my mi 8 and mi pad 4. On both official roms and now xiaomi.eu weekly
If anything that's a device specific issue, not a miui 10 or android pie issue.

Or your language / location isn't supported by Google.
Or differs from the device language

Huh?

OK google / voice match is working fine on both my mi 8 and mi pad 4. On both official roms and now xiaomi.eu weekly
If anything that's a device specific issue, not a miui 10 or android pie issue.

Or your language / location isn't supported by Google.
Or differs from the device language
Nope. Every bit of what you're saying is wrong.
On Mi Pad 4, sure, OK Google works fine, because it doesn't have a Snapdragon 845 and doesn't run on Android Pie.
Mi 8, however, has both SD845 and Pie, so for unknown reasons, the audio driver doesn't work with OK Google on China ROMs specifically.
This is the case for all SD845 devices running on China Pie ROM (MI8, MI8EE, MI8Pro and MIMIX3).
We are using the audio driver from Global ROM for MI8 and MI8Pro, and that fixes the problem on weekly ROMs. (we don't touch it on Stable, so it remains broken)
Since there is no Global Developer ROMs for MI8EE and MIMIX3, we can't fix OK Google for these devices right now.
However, it should be possible once a Global Developer ROM is available for MIMIX3, but for MI8EE, OK Google will never work unless Xiaomi China decides to fix it, which is very unlikely.

Reactions: TI_Jonathan
On mi pad 4 original China Rom the only way to get it to work was by setting voice match language (Google settings \ voice input \ language) same as device language = English.
Even adding German as a secondary language would break it again, no idea why.
This is why I assumed that device language has to match the primary voice match language.
After flashing xiaomi.eu weekly it just worked.

On my MI 8 ok google / voice match was fixed starting with global beta update 8.11.23.
Kept working after recently switching to xiaomi.eu weekly.

Sorry I wasn't aware that this actually a China source issue, welp

On Mi Pad 4, sure, OK Google works fine, because it doesn't have a Snapdragon 845 and doesn't run on Android Pie.
Mi 8, however, has both SD845 and Pie, so for unknown reasons, the audio driver doesn't work with OK Google on China ROMs specifically.
This is the case for all SD845 devices running on China Pie ROM (MI8, MI8EE, MI8Pro and MIMIX3).
We are using the audio driver from Global ROM for MI8 and MI8Pro, and that fixes the problem on weekly ROMs. (we don't touch it on Stable, so it remains broken)
Since there is no Global Developer ROMs for MI8EE and MIMIX3, we can't fix OK Google for these devices right now.
However, it should be possible once a Global Developer ROM is available for MIMIX3, but for MI8EE, OK Google will never work unless Xiaomi China decides to fix it, which is very unlikely.

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation of the problem! Do you, by any chance, have a similar explanation for the notification issues, which also seem to be related to some sort of interface problem between Google apps and the ROM?

Thanks for the comprehensive explanation of the problem! Do you, by any chance, have a similar explanation for the notification issues, which also seem to be related to some sort of interface problem between Google apps and the ROM?
We have no issues with notifications.

Hello,

explanation of the problem. I would like to know if you want to pass this fix to the stable ROM either, or it will only stay in the weekly ROM.

Could you report the files that have been changed from the ROM so that I can try to fix it here temporarily?
I use Mi8

thankful

sorry my bad english

Hello,

explanation of the problem. I would like to know if you want to pass this fix to the stable ROM either, or it will only stay in the weekly ROM.

Could you report the files that have been changed from the ROM so that I can try to fix it here temporarily?
I use Mi8

thankful

sorry my bad english
Give this a try, just flash it:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/dizmuhuysh80xah/OKGoogleFix_MI8_V10.2.3.0.flashable.zip

We may start fixing OK Google on 10.3 Stables.

Reactions: TI_Jonathan
Thank you, work perfectly

I changed the file manually because trying to flash zip gave error

Enviado de meu MI 8 usando o Tapatalk

Hey, how did you copy the file manually?

I can't see the vendor folder in TWRP file manager and none of the root file managers I've tried can copy the file.