Google Maps direction

Moliere

Members
Mar 7, 2021
Hi all, I have a problem with Google Maps. If I activate it as a navigator or simply if I'm looking at the map, the maps don't self-direct themselves based on how I turn around. The pointer indicates it correctly, but the map remains fixed. I had miui14 How can I do? Ty

Ask Google, in fact everybody who has that issue should be bugging Google about it, because we are not Google support.
From my own testing, it works on some devices, while doesn't on others (and shows "low accuracy" for whatever reason, and calibration doesn't do anything), and Google Maps seems to be the only affected app, so not a compass (or other sensor) issue.

Ask Google, in fact everybody who has that issue should be bugging Google about it, because we are not Google support.
From my own testing, it works on some devices, while doesn't on others (and shows "low accuracy" for whatever reason, and calibration doesn't do anything), and Google Maps seems to be the only affected app, so not a compass (or other sensor) issue.
If I delete all Google Maps data and reopen the app, it works for a few seconds. I wonder if deleting the Google play service data would help

If I delete all Google Maps data and reopen the app, it works for a few seconds. I wonder if deleting the Google play service data would help
Which only contributes to my suspicion that something smells fishy from the Google app's side, but we have no access to their source code, so only Google can do the troubleshooting.

Reactions: MeiGuddet and JiaiJ
you can read a lot of "similar threads".
btw you cannot solve. you should report to google.
if you clear data and cache it works until you close or set the app in background.
if you clear data and cache of google play services it works for some hours... but if you reboot the problem persists.
very sad :)

Reactions: Moliere
Which only contributes to my suspicion that something smells fishy from the Google app's side, but we have no access to their source code, so only Google can do the troubleshooting.
This is most probably true, but it's also fishy that it began after MIUI update to 23.1.9 when it worked ok on 23.1.3.

This is most probably true, but it's also fishy that it began after MIUI update to 23.1.9 when it worked ok on 23.1.3.
Sure, but I'll tell you more - I have 2 devices where direction works properly on Google Maps, and 2 devices where it doesn't.
The 2 devices where it works: both on Weekly 23.4.25.
The 2 devices where it doesn't work: one is on Weekly 23.4.25 and the other is on a MIUI 14 Stable.
This makes zero sense to me.

Google maps 'direction beam' hasn't been working as it should on the Mi 11 Ultra (star) on ROMS:

MIUI 14 Official Stable (v14.0.1.0)
MIUI 14 XEU Stable (v14.0.6.0)
MIUI 14 XEU Weekly (v14.0.23.3.20/21)-ON

Basically ever since I moved from MIUI 13 to MIUI 14.

Compass accuracy is always 'low' as per Google Maps.

--
Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra (star)

when clear google map data, google map direction will work.
but when google map app restart , direction is gone.

Reactions: tecix
It looks like Miui/Android is blocking access to the magnetic sensor. The problem occurs on all Google maps based apps and some completely unrelated ones (Here We Go after a while - just like Google without restart). No Problem with Samsung.
Problem still unsolved

update last stable version 14.0.5.0
direction arrow still no work

Last edited: