New Google Messenger

tndb

Members
Dec 13, 2013
Searched but couldnt find any relevant information. Anyone managed to get Google messenger working with miui? Ive given it all possible permission and access available but when opening the app, there are Zero zip nada no messages at all while the miui default sms app shows them.

Tried chompsms and there my messages showed up but I would really like to get Google messenger working. This problem was existing in miui7 and now miui8 aswell.

Anyone got a clue or know a solution?

Hi,
Same problem on Mi 5s with latest Xiaomi.eu Global Beta and Google Messenger. I tried latest Mi Global ROM too.
I made a previous backup of SMS/MMS from my old HTC One M8 with Easy Backup.
In MIUI, when I restore these MMS/SMS, Easy Backup says restore successful but no message appears in MIUI default app. I think that MIUI stores the messages in an irregular place in Android (perhaps to help China government to control messages between people :))
If any admin or dev knows how SMS/MMS are processed in MIUI, it would be helpful. I would like to restore my old messages!

You can pretty much forget google messenger.

Ive since swapped to the app "textra" which is superquick and feels lightweight and has no issues when importing sms from super backup & restore as example

You can pretty much forget google messenger.

Ive since swapped to the app "textra" which is superquick and feels lightweight and has no issues when importing sms from super backup & restore as example

I've just try with Textra, and that doesn't work too.

I can send sms through Google Messenger, but not MMS...I think someone came to the conclusion it's trying to send all MMS through Sim1 on MTK phones. I am using SIM2, and it instantly refuses to send the MMS.....I can only send MMS through the stock messaging app, which kinda stinks....

I had an issue like this on a Zenfone, but they eventually fixed the issue