google package installer instead miui installer

oricon

Members
Sep 28, 2018
hello,
since miui v11 9.12.5 (i mean) the miui package installer opens when i will install a apk (not from Playstore).
how can i go back to the Google package installer?

You don't. It's an integral part of MIUI China, so we adapted it for our ROM too.
I'm curious, why you would care about the package installer that much?

Reactions: rvk220
You don't. It's an integral part of MIUI China, so we adapted it for our ROM too.
I'm curious, why you would care about the package installer that much?
Yes we would care about this case because it blocks installing system apps and thats a big problem we are facing
So we want to replace it with google stock one

Yes we would care about this case because it blocks installing system apps and thats a big problem we are facing
So we want to replace it with google stock one
It blocks updating system apps because we allow it to do so. It's intentional. Don't touch system apps if you don't want broken features and ads/analytics enabled. If you insist on updating system apps, make a flashable ZIP and flash it with TWRP. If you don't know how to do that, then you clearly not knowledgeable enough to touch system apps.

It blocks updating system apps because we allow it to do so. It's intentional. Don't touch system apps if you don't want broken features and ads/analytics enabled. If you insist on updating system apps, make a flashable ZIP and flash it with TWRP. If you don't know how to do that, then you clearly not knowledgeable enough to touch system apps.
Yes mate i fully understand you.....am a root user also developper so i know well what am i doing on my android path....am saying this because i have no app that updates system app so that's why i've asked for this issue.....any way i found a way to install them without TWRP and no need for rebooting the phone...so ...if this case is a final decision so if you allow it to block installing system apps....can i re edit it to accept installing of course with my own risk...or Is there any way to remove the miui package installer and reintegrate the google installer because i noticed that it is controling also app permissions !?

Yes mate i fully understand you.....am a root user also developper so i know well what am i doing on my android path....am saying this because i have no app that updates system app so that's why i've asked for this issue.....any way i found a way to install them without TWRP and no need for rebooting the phone...so ...if this case is a final decision so if you allow it to block installing system apps....can i re edit it to accept installing of course with my own risk...or Is there any way to remove the miui package installer and reintegrate the google installer because i noticed that it is controling also app permissions !?
Answered you in private.

Reactions: kearmau5