Google Pay issue

OK. Sorry. I'm really sorry. It's my fault. It was my mistake with the folder expected to be deleted.

Again then, correct instruction:

If Google Pay service says that you are unable to pay due to rooted device:

1. Uninstall Magisk (if you have installed).
2. Restart the device to TWRP mode.
3. Go to Advanced -> File Manager.
4. Among the folders find: data/data/com.google.android.gms (previously it was the mistake concerning rolder ".gms" right location).
5. Go inside the folder, delete the folder (using folder options button - right down corner - Delete -> slide to confirm).
6. Go to TWRP main menu.
7. Restart to the system.
8. Set "NFC by HCE" option in Settings -> More options (below NFC switch).
9. Add payment card in Google Pay app.

There is no necessity of uniinstalling Google Pay app from the system.

What is more? As it was said by @Acid , every Thursday Google updates Google service. Due to that it is neccessary to repeat procedure described in points 1-9.

Deleting the folder is enough to properly add payment card and for appropriate Google Pay work.

Remember: effective deleting the folder mentioned abowe is possible only in TWRP mode. And this is tutorial prepared by @Acid . I am only an author of translation into English... ;)

Just tried it and it works but if you have to do it every week the whole thing is just pointless :(

PS. FPC/BPC represent!

Today I tried payment using the phone. I works. I tried twice with full success. That means, the instruction is correct.

@Ajkaramba , try to do the procedura again, step by step, very carefuly.

Just tried it and it works but if you have to do it every week the whole thing is just pointless :(

YogiPL, the case of Google Pay troubles is up to Google security policy. Not MIUI Team. If you would like to avoid weekly procedure repeating, the one and only resolution is coming back to global... Simply, something in favour of something... ;)

Last edited:
I make the steps one by one, with very special care of not letting anything left to be done.
Gpay works like a charm one time. The next day, same problem, "your phone is rooted or has been modified"...

This is really annoying.

It is expected to be resolved, or we are going to have this from now on with xiaomi.eu roms? that would be very sad, but i think it is google's fault, not from the devs...

Thanks!

On my friend's Mix 3 (since 16th March, over 50 payments) and on my Mi 8 works fine
I installed magisk 18.2(last builds), hide Google pay and Google play services, then deleted gms folder and have no problems

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

Reactions: Eclipse1991
Thanks for the reply, but i am not so eager to root my device.

I just came back from a store and the contactless payment with my bank app works perfecto, so the thing comes only from Google Pay, so i will start using the bank app instead and goodbye problems!

Thanks anyway for your tip

I do not have Magisk. Simply, clean MIUI EU installation, deleting the folder, and GP works correctly. Will see after Google service update... ;)

I have gpay and google services updated today and NFC payment still working, so there is chance that it will work without reseting gpay every week

EDIT: My device is not rooted

Wysłane z mojego MIX 2S przy użyciu Tapatalka

Last edited:
Wow im surprised, tried it again and at least i could add my paypal acc to it. Will try to pay with it.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

As long AS i dont need to install magisk its good. Wanted to avoid as long as I can.

Edit: Tried paying with it and didnt work. It said that Im not able to pay with this card anymore.
Gesendet von meinem SM-G900F mit Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: mrosi
it is a problem of Google service. you have to uninstall the google play service update in manage app in settings. then install google pay.

OK. Today i was suprised with "You are unable to pay this device anymore" or sth like that... ;)
I did the instruction. Result? Google Pay works correctly.

In fact, it is onerous. And what makes the matter worse it is a lottery. Yesterday everyting was OK, today not. Ech.. Life is brutal, full of traps and sometimes kicks our bums... ;)

Not working here with your advices, im sorry. Im consider flashing magisk19.

Gesendet von meinem MI 8 mit Tapatalk

OK. Sorry. I'm really sorry. It's my fault. It was my mistake with the folder expected to be deleted.

Again then, correct instruction:

If Google Pay service says that you are unable to pay due to rooted device:

1. Uninstall Magisk (if you have installed).
2. Restart the device to TWRP mode.
3. Go to Advanced -> File Manager.
4. Among the folders find: data/data/com.google.android.gms (previously it was the mistake concerning rolder ".gms" right location).
5. Go inside the folder, delete the folder (using folder options button - right down corner - Delete -> slide to confirm).
6. Go to TWRP main menu.
7. Restart to the system.
8. Set "NFC by HCE" option in Settings -> More options (below NFC switch).
9. Add payment card in Google Pay app.

There is no necessity of uniinstalling Google Pay app from the system.

What is more? As it was said by @Acid , every Thursday Google updates Google service. Due to that it is neccessary to repeat procedure described in points 1-9.

Deleting the folder is enough to properly add payment card and for appropriate Google Pay work.

Remember: effective deleting the folder mentioned abowe is possible only in TWRP mode. And this is tutorial prepared by @Acid . I am only an author of translation into English... ;)

After a couple of days my Mix 3 refused to pay via Google Pay in a shop (I am using official CZ SK ROM on Chinese Mix 3 version).
First I was able to make Google Pay work based on the guidance above so I tried it again today and it seems it is working.
I was able to add my bank cards, need to check in a store somewhere if it is a go.
Most probably Google changed / updated their services and thus the GP failed to work.
If they do it on a regular basis once a week I guess I would have to do the same exercise every week?

After a couple of days my Mix 3 refused to pay via Google Pay in a shop (I am using official CZ SK ROM on Chinese Mix 3 version).
First I was able to make Google Pay work based on the guidance above so I tried it again today and it seems it is working.
I was able to add my bank cards, need to check in a store somewhere if it is a go.
Most probably Google changed / updated their services and thus the GP failed to work.
If they do it on a regular basis once a week I guess I would have to do the same exercise every week?

Yes. I would write weekly at least. We need to wait to the point when MIUI EU Team will be able to fix Google Pay problem.