Google Pay on K20pro

kimyiu1029

Members
May 25, 2019
Can anyone use the Google Pay with latest stable xiaomi.eu rom(and latest Play store version 16.7.x) on k20pro ? thanks

Situation in details: No root, able to add card but not able to pay in shops (ur device is either rooted or altered in some ways ). I was once successful to add card without the error immediately after i install the eu rom, however, when i added the second card(meanwhile the play store updated itself in background), i failed with the warning .
So i guess this is due to the update of the play store? I know that i can use GPay without root on EU ROM (my Mi8 EE is that case with a older version of play store), so i guess we need to wait for the fix?

Last edited:
G Pay not work here on 9.9.6. I can add my Card but i can not use nfc pay.
thats exactly my situation, able to add card but not able to pay in shop. I guess its something related to the update of the playstore....This happened before the release of K20 pro, back to the Mi 8 times (with build 10.1/10.2/10.3 during March and April). I guess we need to wait for the fix

Have same problem on 10.4.6 stable, but with Magisk. 3 days ago I could pay normally and now I get error. Flashing Gpay fix did nothing. Current GPlay version 16.7.21

Edit: it seems Gpay fix I had was old/bad. Downloaded new one and have no problems after flashing it with Magisk

Sent from my Redmi K20 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:
This is working for me:

Pre-Requites:
a. Device rooted with magisk 19.4+
b. Teminal Emulator installed (Link)
b. SQL database editor is installed (Link)

Steps:
1. Force close Google Pay app (just in case). If you have disabled this app, enalble it before continue and force close)

2. Open SQL editor and go to File explorer in the app. Navigate to /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases

3. Open dg.db and go to main

4. You will see entries "attest" (not "ad_attest"), long press and select Edit and change value under C (which is 3rd column) to 0. Mine was showing a value of 10 in the third column for each of these values. (Column c for sqlite database editor I used)

5. Open Terminal emulator.

6. Get root access (su) (i.e type su and ENTER)

7. Now type cd /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases and ENTER

8. Type chmod 440 dg.db ENTER. This makes dg.db read only so that it will not over written and you can continue to use Google Pay.

9. Reboot your device and enjoy Google Pay.

Note: When gms is updated, you have to change chmod value for dg.db via terminal emulator (i.e type chmod 660 dg.db) to get write permission. Now follow all the steps to change value to 0 and change chmod to 440

Thanks to @BostonDan for the thread https://forum.xda-developers.com/app...2-pie-t3929950