Google Play and Gmail don't work on hongmi

Update: uninstalled and reinstalled the play store app and got it working.

Hi, I'm trying to get Google Play to work as well on my Hongmi WCDMA. Used in the installer app in MI Market, then installed everything per the post. But now Google Play won't open. It will turn the screen black for half a second, then close. Gmail works fine. Anything else I can try to troubleshoot? The hongmi is not rooted and no other changes made.

Thanks!

Info:

Model: HM1W
Android Version: 4.2.2 HM2013023
MIUI Version: MIUI-JHBCNAH3.0

Play Store: v4.0.25
Google Installer: v1.3
Play Services: v3.1.59

Last edited:
Are you sure, your hongmi is not fake one, please check with systeminfo app on android.
Update: uninstalled and reinstalled the play store app and got it working.

Hi, I'm trying to get Google Play to work as well on my Hongmi WCDMA. Used in the installer app in MI Market, then installed everything per the post. But now Google Play won't open. It will turn the screen black for half a second, then close. Gmail works fine. Anything else I can try to troubleshoot? The hongmi is not rooted and no other changes made.

Thanks!

Info:

Model: HM1W
Android Version: 4.2.2 HM2013023
MIUI Version: MIUI-JHBCNAH3.0

Play Store: v4.0.25
Google Installer: v1.3
Play Services: v3.1.59

I had the same problem and my phone is not fake. I solve it by installing the below :

Use Market to install Google Installer
Use Google Installer and firts install Google Framework, after that i do reboot.
Use Google Installer to install Google Account Manager, reboot again.
Use Google Installer to install Google Play Services, reboot again.
Use Google Installer to install Google Play Store

Maybe the reboot need it only in Framework but i was do it in everything that installing!

I had try everything else was found in forum and the most of the times Google Play opens a black screen and close or another time i had install it and get a "No Connection"

For me, the conclusion is with reboot everything is OK

sorry for my English and i hope to help you

Reactions: thinhta85
hi, well i am fairly new to this site but been using MIUI and fell in love on 1st sight.. Gave away my mi2s to lil bro and got myself a HongMi.. A 2nd hand HongMi to be exact.. It's a certified original HM, just that i have qualms with it's ROM.. The problem is i can't install google+ and there's no sync contact with gmail.. Man, all my contacts is in that particular gmail address.. Anyone can help? Should i do a total wipe and just install multilang rom?

never had a single issue with goolge store nor gmail.
all work perfectly with every MIUI rom I have installed

hi, well i am fairly new to this site but been using MIUI and fell in love on 1st sight.. Gave away my mi2s to lil bro and got myself a HongMi.. A 2nd hand HongMi to be exact.. It's a certified original HM, just that i have qualms with it's ROM.. The problem is i can't install google+ and there's no sync contact with gmail.. Man, all my contacts is in that particular gmail address.. Anyone can help? Should i do a total wipe and just install multilang rom?
Which MIUI version is currently installed? If it is not latest stable I would advise to install multilang ROM (and read some threads about root, recovery etc.)