Google Play Services WakeLock

deftozzz

Members
Feb 27, 2016
Hi,

I have this annoying Play Services Wake lock that is hurting my battery. It's not like it's draining 40% overnight but on GSAM Battery Stats i get 80% of app usage (with Android System being at the top and the sns_Wakeup wake lock with hours of usage).

I am on 9.12.12 Weekly (clean flashed more than 1 time) and this is what I've tried:

-I had beta version of Play Services and i went back to stable
-Google backup turned off
-Play Services data all cleared off, uninstalled and updated it trough Play Store
-Location is turned off
-There's no sync errors in my google account settings and i've turned off those i don't need

The only thing i haven't tried is goig back to Xiaomi eu stable or even Global EEA ROM

Reactions: giodeluigi
@deftozzz you can use this bash script and see if it helps. It disables all app's google analytics and etc. services.
Change .txt go .sh and run in terminal.

Attachments

• DisableServices.txt
    1 KB · Views: 686
@deftozzz @giodeluigi download the file, change .txt to .sh. Open up a terminal from an emulator, type su and give root privigles, put the file in /sdcard folder, type "/sdcard/DisableServices.sh" in the terminal or "sh /sdcard/DisableServices.sh" not sure.

Reactions: giodeluigi
Did that help in any way?
I didn't try this.
I use already "Universal GMS Doze"Magisk module and this script:

Many many improvements regarding Google Play Services drain.

Reactions: ArdySan
I didn't try this.
I use already "Universal GMS Doze"Magisk module and this script:

Many many improvements regarding Google Play Services drain.
Yes, thank you - just flashed v10 literally 10 minutes ago. Will see if it changes things overnight...

Does it matter which first to install - Universal GMS Doze or Debloat Script from XDA?
After installing Universal GMS Doze: com.google.android.gms is there for whitelist (except idle)... that means installation did not work?

Whitelist (except idle) system apps:
com.android.providers.calendar
com.android.providers.downloads
com.qualcomm.qti.telephonyservice
com.android.vending
com.android.mms
com.android.cellbroadcastreceiver
com.google.android.gms

Last edited:
Yes, thank you - just flashed v10 literally 10 minutes ago. Will see if it changes things overnight...

Does it matter which first to install - Universal GMS Doze or Debloat Script from XDA?
After installing Universal GMS Doze: com.google.android.gms is there for whitelist (except idle)... that means installation did not work?

com.android.vending
com.android.mms
com.google.android.gms
I believe there's no particular installation order.
I also believe Google Play Services are just reduced but not totally frozen therefore some sync services and instant messages won't work properly.

I believe there's no particular installation order.
I also believe Google Play Services are just reduced but not totally frozen therefore some sync services and instant messages won't work properly.

So regarding that Whitelist (except idle) system apps: com.google.android.gms check though... Magisk told me it is installed sucessfuly. But the check shows this line. Anything can be done?

Wow, I flashed them both and now - if I go to apps settings, clear cache is greyed out for all apps, and it says they all take 0B of storage...

com.android.vending
com.android.mms
com.google.android.gms
Which app did you use to check these running services?