New Google play waiting for network

OnurAkbas

Members
May 28, 2018
tried to uninstall updates, clear Google play data, change download file limit. I can't download anything from Google play, I sometimes can't send photo from WhatsApp (but I can send messages) my network is really a stable one and I had this problem after updating to 9.2.28, xiaomi mi5x

Mix1 lithium, no sim card, via wifi:

Google Play: "waiting for network".

Everything else seems to work.

Edit:

Other downloads via Download app also do not start, same as Play Store.

When I download a file from within Firefox, I get a choice:
Download via Firefox or via Download app.

Via Download app gives same problem as with Play Store.

Cleaning app data in Download app resulted in one download starting, after question about limit.
But second download waits as before . . .

Download via Firefox works normally.

Edit 2:

Above was done with "unlimited" set in Download app.
Download will never start.

Now I tried setting a limit "100MB" in Download app.

Here I get a question for each download, if I choose "Download now" the download will start.
This works also in Play Store.

So the bug seems to be connected to the "unlimited" setting in the Download app.

Last edited:
Reactions: hydelezz
Mix1 lithium, no sim card, via wifi:

Google Play: "waiting for network".

Everything else seems to work.

Edit:

Other downloads via Download app also do not start, same as Play Store.

When I download a file from within Firefox, I get a choice:
Download via Firefox or via Download app.

Via Download app gives same problem as with Play Store.

Cleaning app data in Download app resulted in one download starting, after question about limit.
But second download waits as before . . .

Download via Firefox works normally.

Edit 2:

Above was done with "unlimited" set in Download app.
Download will never start.

Now I tried setting a limit "100MB" in Download app.

Here I get a question for each download, if I choose "Download now" the download will start.
This works also in Play Store.

So the bug seems to be connected to the "unlimited" setting in the Download app.

I agreed, every download though miui download app had that ploblem.

How sad is my Mi pad 4 plus doesn't even have a setting for download app.

I agreed, every download though miui download app had that ploblem.

How sad is my Mi pad 4 plus doesn't even have a setting for download app.

It started working now when I got the inspiration to uncheck "mobile hotspots" in Settings/WLAN/"my wifi" >.

The downloader app now starts downloading a file from within Firefox directly, no questions.

Haven't yet had anything to download in Play Store to test, but I think that will probably work now too.

Edit:

Play Store works now too.

Last edited:
It started working now when I got the inspiration to uncheck "mobile hotspots" in Settings/WLAN/<"my wifi".

The downloader app now starts downloading a file from within Firefox directly, no questions.

Haven't yet had anything to download in Play Store to test, but I think that will probably work now too.

Edit:

Play Store works now too.
I can't find 'mobile hotspot' option when I clicked my wifi

You have to touch the little ">" thingy to the far right of the wifi you are connected to.
I know but the screen is like that

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-07-08-57-39-320_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2019-03-07-08-57-39-320_com.android.settings.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 1,832
Ok, it's massive problem from 9.2.28? No one didn't solve it?

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk

Massive or not depends on how much you use your xiaomi device sharing WiFi to another xiaomi's, change AP type in setting (default or hotspot) not help.

Other WiFi network working as usual.

Reactions: Plovel
Im using mi pad 4 WIFI/LTE running miui V10.3.2.0.ODJCNXM. I have the same problem since a week before. I tried delete cache & data on playstore, play services, download app. And then reboot. It does not working. It seems this problem only occurs to mobile portable hotspot on my other xiaomi device because when i use my friend home wifi it does work. Where exactly you get that Settings/WLAN/<"my wifi"?. i guess only on mi pad 4 plus only have that option? Does anyone who already solve this issue? Its hard to update/download any apps now.

Im using mi pad 4 WIFI/LTE running miui V10.3.2.0.ODJCNXM. I have the same problem since a week before. I tried delete cache & data on playstore, play services, download app. And then reboot. It does not working. It seems this problem only occurs to mobile portable hotspot on my other xiaomi device because when i use my friend home wifi it does work. Where exactly you get that Settings/WLAN/<"my wifi"?. i guess only on mi pad 4 plus only have that option? Does anyone who already solve this issue? Its hard to update/download any apps now.
go to WiFi settings click the icon next to the name of wifi you're connected and change IP setting to Static.

I have the same problem. I tried change DHCP to Static, but only one time works, and then I have to change the IP address to another number, then it work one time again

I've got a similar problem.
When connected to wifi hotspot (from another phone or laptop) i cant download apps via google play store on wifi, only mobile. If i switch wifi off, let the download start via mobile data and turn wifi on, it keeps downloading from hotspot wifi.
When im on my 'normal' router wifi, no problem.
Weird i know..

German language 9.6.27 but same on 9.7.4. Problem only on playstore. Update, downgrade, cache/data delete doesnt help (store, services, framework).

you can't do it now.

this is my comment on another thread

"It looks like they removing "Mobile Hospot" toogle in Wifi option on newer Android version.
because I still can find it in my Mi 3W (marshmellow). But not in my Mi Mix 3 (pie)."

I fixed this on my RMN7:
1.open the details of the network you have connected.
2. Change IP settings from DHCP to Static.
That's all.

Reactions: VultureXT