Google RCS/chat via messages

Jul 12, 2021
Have anyone got the chat function via Google Messages to work with xiaomi.eu? It t dosen't for me, worked fine on my Samsung S8+...

Have anyone got the chat function via Google Messages to work with xiaomi.eu? It t dosen't for me, worked fine on my Samsung S8+...

I think it depends on your mobile phone provider, it started working for me when I switched providers on my Poco X3 Pro. Maybe you can update the provider settings on your phone? If that doesn't work you need to give us more info; phone model, ROM version, mobile phone provider, things you already tried yourself etc.

I think it depends on your mobile phone provider, it started working for me when I switched providers on my Poco X3 Pro. Maybe you can update the provider settings on your phone? If that doesn't work you need to give us more info; phone model, ROM version, mobile phone provider, things you already tried yourself etc.

My mobile provider supports RCS, it works on my Samsung S8+. It only states in m´Google messages "Chat features unavailable for this device".

MIUI by xiaomi.eu 12.5.10
Mi 11 ULTRA
Mobile provider 3/Hallon (Sweden)

What do you mean by updating provider settings?

It works for me. I am running the weeklyeu rom and have replced the default messaging app with Google Messanges for SMS/MMS and RCS communications, which are supported by my provider. T-Mobile.

Thanks for your reply! I did run stable version, so that might be the issue? As of now I have installed stock EEA and it works. Another problem with xiaomi.eu for me was that I were unable to send MMS. Uninstalling Google Messages solved the issue, and I could send via stock messaging app.
Not sure whether to give xiaomi.eu another chance.

Thanks for your reply! I did run stable version, so that might be the issue? As of now I have installed stock EEA and it works. Another problem with xiaomi.eu for me was that I were unable to send MMS. Uninstalling Google Messages solved the issue, and I could send via stock messaging app.
It sounds like a permissions issue, as I have it workin on my Xiaomi phones running Xiaomi.eu roms.

Reactions: lurkingintheforest
Thanks. Really liked xiaomi.eu, and would like to continue on that ROM. What phone and weekly build do you have?
Thanks. Really liked xiaomi.eu, and would like to continue on that ROM. What phone and weekly build do you have?
I have the Chinese variant of the Mi 11 Ultra, M1 10 Pro and the Redmi K20 Pro. They are all running the latest weekly.

EEA is a different version of MIUI. It's made to work with Google services. The Xiaomi.eu rom is based on the China variant of the rom, which is not designed to work with Google services. The stock app will of course work with the Chinese variant of the rom. Xiaomi.eu does add Google services, however features , such as RCS, do not necessarily work out of the box. You need to actually allow all permissions, you must also make sure you have enabled all chat features within the Google Messages app and that it says it is connected within the Chat features settings of the app. You schould also diable the battery saver option in MIUI for a more stable connection.

Last edited: