Invalid Google Signin displaying wrong device name

tempoeric

Members
Nov 11, 2023
Hi I am currently using Mi 13 with the latest stable build of fuxi v14.0.31.0 instead of displaying mi 13 in the Google log in alert mail showing wrong device name as Zenfone 4

so this is not a bug this is intended?? The issue here is we declare our device model in the office since they only gave one pass key for each device, if im using a xiaomi 13 how can i defend the Zenfone 4 for the google activity. I hope there's a way to show it as Xiaomi 13 instead of Zenfone 4

Last edited:
so this is not a bug this is intended?? The issue here is we declare our device model in the office since they only gave one pass key for each device, if im using a xiaomi 13 how can i defend the Zenfone 4 for the google activity. I hope there's a way to show it as Xiaomi 13 instead of Zenfone 4
There isn't.

Are you sure? Sorry, to clarify, I don't have the latest build installed as I use PIF and have no need for it, but I'm getting reports that deleting apk (and using PIF instead) doesn't help with displaying original device name. It could be users misunderstanding, but I can't be certain.

Are you sure? Sorry, to clarify, I don't have the latest build installed as I use PIF and have no need for it, but I'm getting reports that deleting apk (and using PIF instead) doesn't help with displaying original device name. It could be users misunderstanding, but I can't be certain.
You'd have to clear app data for Google Play services and login to your account again. This has nothing to do with the ROM itself, Google is caching your device name, but as far as I understand, the cache doesn't persist forever.

Maybe you shouldn't use a personal phone for work.

You can't spoof the device and expect your own device name to come up.

Do note that without spoofing services such as Google pay will no longer work.

Reactions: xMarvin732