Google Translate Not Working In Last Stable Mi5

Mar 6, 2017
Hello everyone, I've been having this problem for a while and I really really use this app since it has the option of translating whatever is in a picture but when I choose this option and pick the picture I want to translate I get a force closure, I already gave permissions as to read internal memory and alike so I don't know if there's a problem with the ROM or I need to use another app to get to the image? Can someone help me on this?

Mi5 latest stable nougat version.

Just tested Google Translate on camera and image modes, working fine here, xiaomi.eu 8.2.1.0 Stable! Must be something else, the ROM doesn't seem to be the problem...

Reactions: Missael Hernández
Mmm yes I installed and reinstalled the app, I've got to be honest, I haven't done any full wipe of things haha when I came from MIUI official 6.0 I changed to MIUI eu 6.0 then upgraded to MIUI 7.0 using TWRP but I haven't done any wipes... Do you think that's the problem?

I haven't done a clean flash since I first flashed xiaomi.eu back in august 2016, but I *always* wipe cache and dalvik after flashing a new update. Maybe you could try doing that? It's worth a shot, you won't lose any data...

This is the log of the problem
java.lang.RuntimeException: An error occurred while executing doInBackground()
at android.os.AsyncTask$3.done(AsyncTask.java)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.finishCompletion(FutureTask.java:354)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.setException(FutureTask.java:223)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:242)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1133)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:607)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:761)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Couldn't read row 0, col 0 from CursorWindow. Make sure the Cursor is initialized correctly before accessing data from it.
at android.database.CursorWindow.nativeGetLong(Native Method)
at android.database.CursorWindow.getLong(CursorWindow.java)
at android.database.CursorWindow.getInt(CursorWindow.java)
at android.database.AbstractWindowedCursor.getInt(AbstractWindowedCursor.java)
at android.database.CursorWrapper.getInt(CursorWrapper.java)
at com.google.android.apps.translate.inputs.ai.a(SourceFile:2573)
at com.google.android.apps.translate.inputs.ai.a(SourceFile:2596)
at com.google.android.apps.translate.inputs.ai.doInBackground(SourceFile:2523)
at android.os.AsyncTask$2.call(AsyncTask.java)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:237)
... 3 more

i had the same problem with my old phone after resetting it to factory defaults (zte blade s6)
did you download any offline packages for google translate?
the settings for translate was stored in my google account, but i didnt download the offline packs again after resetting..
So the app crashed everytime i tried to translate something to a language, from that i had the offline pack before.
After downloading the offline packages again, the app worked fine again.

Yes the problem was that I wasn't able to open images through the file explorer app, I now upload the image using the gallery app and now it works xD