Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be sure.. it's enough to put my phone in fastboot, run "update_rom" on my PC, and the fix will be applied or do i need TWRP to update it in order to make GPay work again? I dont want to lose any data applying the fix. Thanks!

Ok what am I missing. Downloaded and installed 14.0.25.0 TMRCNXM onto my Poco F5. Went into google play store app and google wallet and deleted all data. Rebooted. Then went into Play integrity checker and I still only have basic integrity? Don't I need two green ticks for gpay to work? Also Google wallet giving same warning as prior to update about failing security etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: beltzebuth
Ok what am I missing. Downloaded and installed 14.0.25.0 TMRCNXM onto my Poco F5. Went into google play store app and google wallet and deleted all data. Rebooted. Then went into Play integrity checker and I still only have basic integrity? Don't I need two green ticks for gpay to work?
You need to wait for a rebuilt ROM for your device...

I found a "work around" the NFC/GPay problem that works on the Foco F3 (stable 14.0.8 without the fix) and also in Poco X5 Pro (stable 14.0.2, old version , ... I know). These two have in hand and tested them.
1) reboot phone
2) disable NFC
3) open Google Pay (wallet)
4) it will prompt you to enable NFC, just do it
Now you can pay without problems.

Reactions: sfan2
ROM file xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V14.0.8.0.TKHCNXM_v14-13.zip (MD5: e4bff987d0b9e56e03369b7ca44f05a7) dated from today morning can be already downloaded. Please could someone confirm, that this is the fixed version for K40/F3? I am asking because the 14.0.8.0 version has been available for this model already earlier.

I just came from the supermarket and gpay did not work. Immediately after returning home I checked this thread to see if there is an issue with the ROM. Only to discover that devs are already rebuilding and uploading every stable ROM to fix the issue.

Massive KUDOS to you guys! <3

Reactions: Alexbo
ROM file xiaomi.eu_multi_HMK40_POCOF3_V14.0.8.0.TKHCNXM_v14-13.zip (MD5: e4bff987d0b9e56e03369b7ca44f05a7) dated from today morning can be already downloaded. Please could someone confirm, that this is the fixed version for K40/F3? I am asking because the 14.0.8.0 version has been available for this model already earlier.
Fixed for me. Tried to super market

From poco f3 via Tapatalk

Reactions: sunarowicz
we will rebuild all latest stable with GPay fixed for 51 devices and reupload but it will take some time.. so be patient and you should be notified by updater app for fixed version..

Anyway in the moment when you unlocked your bootloader and installed our custom ROM you agree to have issues with Gpay when Google fix our workaround in the future.. it's mouse-cat game which will never ends.. if you want avoid that, go back to original ROM and lock your bootloader..
Thanks a lot !
I have no problem to playing that game as long as you're wiling to play it :emoji_call_me::emoji_clap:

I found a "work around" the NFC/GPay problem that works on the Foco F3 (stable 14.0.8 without the fix) and also in Poco X5 Pro (stable 14.0.2, old version , ... I know). These two have in hand and tested them.
1) reboot phone
2) disable NFC
Did what you said, I no longer have the error that the device is not safe. I will see if I can pay with it!

1) reboot phone
2) disable NFC
No difference. I have NFC disabled by default anyway. Mix 4

Reactions: MaRiOcZ
1) reboot phone
2) disable NFC
Tried this on my 12x

Unfortunately, the error popped up as soon as I opened wallet.

"So if no fix is coming anytime soon"? You clearly didn't even bother to read the thread.
I want to confirm I was able to pay with my phone (POCO F3) again. Thank you for your amazing and quick work! Sent you a small tip. :)

What worked for me:
1) update via OTA
2) Delete data of wallet app
3) re-add cards (wasn't possible before update)
4) pay with your cards again

Hi everyone,

I am using POCO F3 (Alioth), with xiaomi.eu rom, not rooted.
Today, I paid for my lunch using my phone without issue. Around 30 minutes later, when I was trying to pay for another purchase, google wallet told me I can't because my device doesn't meet security requirements.

What I tried to fix it:
1) Update to latest ROM version using OTA
2) Check the dual apps, I do not have any enabled
3) Clear wallet and google services data
4) 'Restore NFC' functionality option
5) All three secure element positions, then again 'Restore NFC functionality'

None of the above worked. Attached are screenshots from SafetyNet/Integrity checkers and system info about my device.
Any tips how to resolve this issue are welcome.
Thank you for your time
Aristin
Starting yesterday, my Xiaomi 12S Ultra with xiaomi.eu ROM can no longer use Google Wallet, giving the message, which indicates that "the device does not meet the security requirements". This is serious for me, because I use it for all payments in shops. Is there no way to have the xiaomi.eu ROMs authenticated by Google as safe ROMs?

Attachments

• android-wallet-security-requirements.png
    android-wallet-security-requirements.png
    114.1 KB · Views: 224
  • Angry
Reactions: MeiGuddet
Starting yesterday, my Xiaomi 12S Ultra with xiaomi.eu ROM can no longer use Google Wallet, giving the message, which indicates that "the device does not meet the security requirements". This is serious for me, because I use it for all payments in shops. Is there no way to have the xiaomi.eu ROMs authenticated by Google as safe ROMs?
Read the thread.

Hello,
Thanks for the devs all the efforts put into xiaomi.eu.
I did update my XM12-cupid with the reuploaded firmware.
Is that normal that G-wallet still gives me "not meet the security..." message ?
Havent had a chance to try to pay,yet.

Thanks
Cseryz

Same here today, was working for contactless payments up to yesterday, and today wouldn't work. Thought it was because I was long overdue an update so updated from miui 12 to 14 and it still didn't fix it. Hoping something can be done soon as I rely on Gwallet for my day to day (device is a Xiaomi 12 pro)

• Angry
Same here today, was working for contactless payments up to yesterday, and today wouldn't work. Thought it was because I was long overdue an update so updated from miui 12 to 14 and it still didn't fix it. Hoping something can be done soon as I rely on Gwallet for my day to day (device is a Xiaomi 12 pro)

Read this very carefully:
we will rebuild all latest stable with GPay fixed for 51 devices and reupload but it will take some time.. so be patient and you should be notified by updater app for fixed version..

Anyway in the moment when you unlocked your bootloader and installed our custom ROM you agree to have issues with Gpay when Google fix our workaround in the future.. it's mouse-cat game which will never ends.. if you want avoid that, go back to original ROM and lock your bootloader..

Read this very carefully:
Even with my original ROM and bootloader locked it wouldn't work and that was the base ROM from factory with Saftynet Passed + OTA Updates + Widevine Level 1 and Google Pay certified. I appreciate that you are working on a workaround, I didn't see that message, apologies. Look forward to any updates coming

• Angry
Status
Not open for further replies.