Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep reading as option (even temporary) flashing the Chinese version on which gpay can work... I know that only English and Chinese are available for menu languages... But will the phone be able to display other languages too for messages like Greek etc? Thanks
Good question, but I'm pretty sure it will be able to cope with various languages. I understand that Chinese ROM only means the UI/system apps have only Chinese and English translation, but are still able to display other languages eg in WhatsApp or other apps. We use eu ROM based on Chinese ROM and it's able to display any language including Chinese, japanese, cyrylic or Arabic. But would be great if someone confirms this to be 100% sure

Ok, but finally what will be the reason of existence of stables if I will have to root them for the payments to work? I think the 'strongest' part of them is the read-only system which except the unlocked bootloader makes them pretty close to stock ones...

P.S. assuming that payments are a serious part of everyday for most of us
Simple: An online Google service has nothing to do with the stability of the ROM.
You want to use that secure Google service? Good luck finding the solution yourself, hack all you want.
It has never been our problem to begin with.

P.S. I never had to use NFC payments.

Let say they fix the stable, and next week, Google break (again) the new fix. Do we really expect them to spend 2 days again reuploading those 51 ROMs ? And the week after ? And the week after ? So much for a "hassle free experience".
Aren't they doing this with weekly?
As someone else said, stable is for hassle free users.
If it is not hassle free anymore, who are the target of the rom? What is the sense?

Reactions: gsfak
Simple: An online Google service has nothing to do with the stability of the ROM.
You want to use that secure Google service? Good luck finding the solution yourself, hack all you want.
It has never been our problem to begin with.

P.S. I never had to use NFC payments.
First of all, I don't blame any of the developers.. instead I feel very thankful to them. And second if I am not missing something stable roms doesn't lack ANY other functionality than the stock ones right? So nfc absence maybe is the first serious reason for many many people to stop using them...as for the nfc payments I won't mention myself as you do... Just make a poll and see if nfc payments are needed nowadays or not... Because if you dissagree then I am sure you could use a Nokia 6110 without the need of any android phone... :) (just teasing you).. thanks

P.S. please ignore all of my comments of course if the only reason of a custom rom existence is the stability and only...

Reactions: dgtal1
Aren't they doing this with weekly?
As someone else said, stable is for hassle free users.
If it is not hassle free anymore, who are the target of the rom? What is the sense?
No, they release the weekly when there is a new ROM, the fix is a bonus... for now.

Most of the MIUI 14 ROMs are EOL. It make no sense to create a strategy based on endlessly re-releasing them.

Reactions: MeiGuddet
New xiaomi.eu HyperOS ROM is already available for some devices. Will Gpay work in Stable HyperOS ROM when available?

Reactions: Karol Fa
But if I installed the stock recovery with the xiaomi.eu rom and then relocked the bootloader the data would be deleted

Of course there is.

Reactions: Dutchgio
I would love to see everyone posting here (and in other custom ROM forums) to also downvote the google pay app on playstore with a 1 star rating.

Little shitstorm recently helped to make Aqua Mail developers think twice as well.

Don't know if we can get it downvoted enough to make google actually care, but I believe that the community around custom ROMs is pretty large, so let's try.

Android is said to be Free and OpenSource, so it should be perfectly OK to customize, but this way they are invalidating that through the back door. Security of course is a good thing but this is a sledge hammer approach.
Good idea. Just gave them 1 star.

You would have to flash the original rom and lock the bootloader again, yes.
It's probably more convenient to root the new rebuild version
But rooting may affect apps like above poster mentioned. Have to consider many factors. Damn Google.

Good question. I'm just trying to remember why I flashed XIAOMI.EU in the beginning, and what I'll miss if I make it back to stock.
Mine reason was for the dialer to record calls. For me maybe the easiest way is to stick my credit card behind the phone, thankfully I only use one card.

Reactions: onehunga
Mine reason was for the dialer to record calls. For me maybe the easiest way is to stick my credit card behind the phone, thankfully I only use one card.
That's a great idea I may put mine in my phone case also... Just hope it doesn't ask me for a pin and I take the case off and drop my phone and smash it in the process... Bet that would happen to me

That's a great idea I may put mine in my phone case also... Just hope it doesn't ask me for a pin and I take the case off and drop my phone and smash it in the process... Bet that would happen to me
Don't worry, contact-less payments don't require a pin; as far as I know. Nothing to do with the phone anymore (just remember to disable NFC).

Some other ideas for my use case -

1. Stay with xiaomi.eu roms by buying new xiaomi phone, a supported model with weekly beta updates
2. Leave - install official MIUI Taiwan rom (it has dialer that can record voice calls) and lock bootloader

Hi, i'm with this problema.. i'm using a MI11 ultra
I see this is SOLVED but cant find the solution...

What can i do?
Thanks

First of all, I don't blame any of the developers.. instead I feel very thankful to them. And second if I am not missing something stable roms doesn't lack ANY other functionality than the stock ones right? So nfc absence maybe is the first serious reason for many many people to stop using them...as for the nfc payments I won't mention myself as you do... Just make a poll and see if nfc payments are needed nowadays or not... Because if you dissagree then I am sure you could use a Nokia 6110 without the need of any android phone... :) (just teasing you).. thanks

P.S. please ignore all of my comments of course if the only reason of a custom rom existence is the stability and only...
This thread has > 55K views and almost 500 replies already. It's huge. To me it's obvious Google Pay is a thing for most of us. Come on, it's 2023. Phones are substitues of so many things including payment cards, personal IDs, tickets and all these things we kept in wallets. I don't take my wallet with me for about 6 years when I started using Android Pay. Occasionally I took my walltet when I needed and ID. Also not anymore since ID got digitized and an app equals the real plastic. Google Pay, Apple Pay are a huge thing and success. People use them because it's very convenient ANDMORE SECURE then the pastic card, whcih may be scanned at any time or stolelen and used without permission.

This thread has > 55K views and almost 500 replies already. It's huge. To me it's obvious Google Pay is a thing for most of us. Come on, it's 2023. Phones are substitues of so many things including payment cards, personal IDs, tickets and all these things we kept in wallets. I don't take my wallet with me for about 6 years when I started using Android Pay. Occasionally I took my walltet when I needed and ID. Also not anymore since ID got digitized and an app equals the real plastic. Google Pay, Apple Pay are a huge thing and success. People use them because it's very convenient ANDMORE SECURE then the pastic card, whcih may be scanned at any time or stolelen and used without permission.
Why is this our problem? It's an online Google service, we don't have to include it like we don't have to include Gmail with our ROMs, or the notorious "unlimited Google Photos storage" hack for example.
It's not our fault Google is so fussy about it, and we don't need to waste our time on a battle we won't win.

Reactions: JiaiJ
Status
Not open for further replies.