Resolved Google wallet stopped working/Device doesn't meet security requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this our problem? It's an online Google service, we don't have to include it like we don't have to include Gmail with our ROMs, or the notorious "unlimited Google Photos storage" hack for example.
It's not our fault Google is so fussy about it, and we don't need to waste our time on a battle we won't win.
Where did I say it's your problem?

Reactions: gsfak
Don't worry, contact-less payments don't require a pin; as far as I know. Nothing to do with the phone anymore (just remember to disable NFC).

Some other ideas for my use case -

1. Stay with xiaomi.eu roms by buying new xiaomi phone, a supported model with weekly beta updates
2. Leave - install official MIUI Taiwan rom (it has dialer that can record voice calls) and lock bootloader
I considered back to stock I'm on 12s ultra in UK.. I juts got annoyed with all the ui Chinese pop ups etc but even in eu rom wps document reader that pops up is still in Chinese.. And I can't use Netflix

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-11-18-07-41-41-933_com.android.vending.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-11-18-07-41-41-933_com.android.vending.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 99
Where did I say it's your problem?
Not saying that you think that specifically, just the fact that this thread is so active demonstrates that many people here are convinced that Google services are somehow our problem.

Maybe you need to clarify the goal of your post then
My point was to say to those that think it's a minor thing, that in fact NFC payment like Google Pay is one of the most important functions a smartphone offers nowadays and many will be disappointed when it won't work in stable. It's not the devs fault, it's not Google's fault. It's just a fact and my view about it

Reactions: Smaritz
My point was to say to those that think it's a minor thing, that in fact NFC payment like Google Pay is one of the most important functions a smartphone offers nowadays and many will be disappointed when it won't work in stable. It's not the devs fault, it's not Google's fault. It's just a fact and my view about it
Technically, it is Google's fault, they are the ones made the decision to opt-out unlocked bootloaders from their SafetyNet and Play Integrity checks.
They are the ones not interested in offering you certain services if you chose to free your device from the bootloader prison, they did not offer you a choice of using these services regardless of the security risks.

Don't worry, contact-less payments don't require a pin; as far as I know. Nothing to do with the phone anymore (just remember to disable NFC).

Some other ideas for my use case -

1. Stay with xiaomi.eu roms by buying new xiaomi phone, a supported model with weekly beta updates
2. Leave - install official MIUI Taiwan rom (it has dialer that can record voice calls) and lock bootloader
Anything above 100 here in UK needs card and pin

Technically, it is Google's fault, they are the ones made the decision to opt-out unlocked bootloaders from their SafetyNet and Play Integrity checks.
They are the ones not interested in offering you certain services if you chose to free your device from the bootloader prison, they did not offer you a choice of using these services regardless of the security risks.
Technically yes, but you also should be able to see from the users point of view. Afterall your roms features do list this prominently:

2233.28_firefox.png

So that is one rom feature that is now no longer valid, sadly.

Still I do understand this dilemma that we are all in.

Is it safe to relock the bootloader while running xiaomi eu (mi 13), and would it make a difference? I've seen sources saying both annoyingly

Last edited:
Technically yes, but you also should be able to see from the users point of view. Afterall your roms features do list this prominently:

View attachment 49520

So that is one rom feature that is now no longer valid, sadly.

Still I do understand this dilemma that we are all in.
Then we'll remove said "feature" from the list. If someone has a problem with understanding the sentence "this is not under our control" then he should seek a different kind of help, I can't argue logic with those who are unable to fathom logic.

Thanks again to the developers for their fast solution! Let me share my experience. Mi 11 Ultra working on xiaomi.eu 14,0.11.0. I installed through TWRP recovery the xiaomi.eu 14.0.11.0 including the Google Wallet fix that was posted a few days ago and was indicated by the Update app on my phone. At the end of the installation, as well as during Dalvik Wipe, I got some error messages that normally do not affect the functioning of the phone. I restarted and the phone worked. I cleared Google Wallet cache and data but I still got the error message when opening Google Wallet.

Then I restarted to TWRP recovery. I reinstalled the latest Mi11 Ultra xiaomi.eu 14.0.11.0 including the google wallet fix. This time there were no error messages during installation and dalvik wipe. I rebooted. This time I uninstalled google wallet. Reinstalled it and then I stopped receiving the error message. My cards reappeared automatically on my Google Wallet. After that I managed to pay through NFC with Google Wallet on various stores without any problem.

Again a great thanks to the developers for your hard work and to the whole xiaomi.eu community!
Unfortunately, after a week with Google Wallet nfc payments working, today the error message occurred and I cannot pay this way anymore...

Then we'll remove said "feature" from the list. If someone has a problem with understanding the sentence "this is not under our control" then he should seek a different kind of help, I can't argue logic with those who are unable to fathom logic.
Chill friend, the guy's just being a massive arse because he's emotionally stunted. He's not paying you a single cent, you owe him nothing.

I think we should all ignore him.

Thank you for your public service. Much appreciated by the rest of us.

What a headache though that Google is putting us through. Now I have to think how to proceed with my 12S Ultra.

What happens if I flash weekly from stable without wiping data? Has anyone actually tried that? I don't want to root and risk opening another can of worms.

choose your poison, bank apps or gpay? bank apps or gpay? :(
My only other option is to go back to China stock rom. That doesn't support google voice assistant. I haven't even tried it so I don't know if it supports google pay.

Dammit Google.

Now the Stable > Weekly thing. Is it a MUST to factory reset? Or is it a stability "best practice" sort of thing? Has anyone tried?

My only other option is to go back to China stock rom. That doesn't support google voice assistant. I haven't even tried it so I don't know if it supports google pay.

Dammit Google.

Now the Stable > Weekly thing. Is it a MUST to factory reset? Or is it a stability "best practice" sort of thing? Has anyone tried?
If i'm not wrong, stable to weekly is considered upgrade , hence no need factory reset, but i think u still need to wipe dalvik cache.

if you do it the other way round, it's considered downgrade, and even factory reset will not be sufficient, you need to entirely FORMAT DATA, otherwise u will be met with a bootloop

don't take my word for it though, better confirm with others ! in any case, create a twrp backup just in case you want to rollback.

If i'm not wrong, stable to weekly is considered upgrade , hence no need factory reset, but i think u still need to wipe dalvik cache.

if you do it the other way round, it's considered downgrade, and even factory reset will not be sufficient, you need to entirely FORMAT DATA, otherwise u will be met with a bootloop
True, but all Stables were recently rebuilt with many updated system apps, newer than on last Weekly.
So do take that in mind.

Chill friend, the guy's just being a massive arse because he's emotionally stunted. He's not paying you a single cent, you owe him nothing.

I think we should all ignore him.

Thank you for your public service. Much appreciated by the rest of us.

What a headache though that Google is putting us through. Now I have to think how to proceed with my 12S Ultra.

What happens if I flash weekly from stable without wiping data? Has anyone actually tried that? I don't want to root and risk opening another can of worms.
Same here bro. Just got my 12s ultra. Only other rom is elite which not tried yet but assume same issue there

Technically yes, but being a dev would you really blame IT company, that it wants to have its software platform as secure as possible? Unlocked bootloader exposes users to risks. Big techs do not play the user-friendly game. They play a different one: how to protect themselves from lawsuits and black PR in the news, that services they offer may expose users to some risks and loosing money.
We may only 'thank' some dumb people that act crazy and sue companies when they didn't even bother reading what risks may they encounter by messing with roots, bootloader's etc In the US there are plenty of such stupid stories, so I don't blame Google they want to protect their asses from this.

My only other option is to go back to China stock rom. That doesn't support google voice assistant. I haven't even tried it so I don't know if it supports google pay
Are you sure Google Assistant won't work with the China ROM??
I have a different understanding, that all you need to do it to install Google Apps and everything will work. Not sure about Assistant, but the Xiaomi.eu guys say GPay will work just fine as the Chinese ROM is also Google certified

Technically yes, but being a dev would you really blame IT company, that it wants to have its software platform as secure as possible? Unlocked bootloader exposes users to risks. Big techs do not play the user-friendly game. They play a different one: how to protect themselves from lawsuits and black PR in the news, that services they offer may expose users to some risks and loosing money.
We may only 'thank' some dumb people that act crazy and sue companies when they didn't even bother reading what risks may they encounter by messing with roots, bootloader's etc In the US there are plenty of such stupid stories, so I don't blame Google they want to protect their asses from this.
True, hence we shouldn't make so much effort in trying to circumvent said security measures.

Status
Not open for further replies.