Google Wallet stopped working ! (false alarm?)

DExUS5

Members
Apr 21, 2023
Hi,

I have Xiaomi 12 , CN HW version.
Current rom: V14.0.6.0.TLCCNXM | stable (from xiaomi.eu)

All worked fine until today (21.apr.2023) , the Google Wallet app does not allow me to pay, says that the device is not supported "Your device doesn't meet security requrements".
The device is not rooted.
And as far I can tell there wasn't even a google wallet update.

How can I get this working again?
Is there any possibility? (I might even consider to return to stock CN ROM if needed)

Reactions: gbsdias
Most probably was another update from Google Play or even Google Play services which detected that the device have the bootloader unlocked.
Install application: SafetyNet Test from Google Play and run a test to check what is failing.
Also check on Google Play, Settings, About, if on the Play Protect certification is written "Device is certified".
You can try to root your device with Magisk and then , in Magisk you have to load module "safetynet-fix".

On this forum are many discussions about "SafetyNet fails".
I had a similar issue in the past with Xiaomi.eu (stable) on a Mi 10 (global version), back then I solved by reflashing the custom rom (xiaomi.eu) from scratch, same version as before.

Last edited:
This is very weird, it started to work without any changes, just used in a pub (there were no updates of anything whatsoever)
Please ignore this thread. (for now)

Google wallet on my Xiaomi 13 also stopped working today
Then I cleared Google Wallet's app data => uninstall Google Wallet => upgrade from MIUI ROM FUXI_V14.0.21 to FUXI_V14.0.23 and it works well now