GPS on Xiaomi Mi2S MI2A

Mmatt

Members
Apr 9, 2014
Hi I buying Xaomi phone, I alredy have REDMI, but gps is bad. So now looking for new phone which have better gps MI2S or MI2A?

you can try this patch based on http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/development/patch-agps-patch-3-1-2-2-to-rapid-gps-t1563226

ps: the "NTP_SERVER " is set to europe, if you want to change it ,first install the patch then use root explorer and edit the line for your continent by "add" or " "removing" "#" from the line
here is an example ...

# Europe =========================================
NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

# United States of America =======================
# NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org

# Asia ===========================================
# NTP_SERVER=asia.pool.ntp.org

# China ==========================================
# NTP_SERVER=china.pool.ntp.org

# Africa =========================================
# NTP_SERVER=africa.pool.ntp.org

# Russia =========================================
# NTP_SERVER=russia.pool.ntp.org

# North America ==================================
# NTP_SERVER=north-america.pool.ntp.org

# South America ==================================
# NTP_SERVER=south-america.pool.ntp.org

###

Attachments

• agps.patch.3.1_signed.zip
    126.5 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
Thanks, but Hongmi is to big for me. Somethime I need for walking tracker and Hongmi write tu much km(mil).Accuracy is poor.
So I look for new phone with realy good gps. So MI2A is winner?

Mi2s have a good gps for me. Dont know about mi2a :| If you buy only for gps, why you don't buy.. a gps? XD

you can try this patch based on http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-nexus/development/patch-agps-patch-3-1-2-2-to-rapid-gps-t1563226

ps: the "NTP_SERVER " is set to europe, if you want to change it ,first install the patch then use root explorer and edit the line for your continent by "add" or " "removing" "#" from the line
here is an example ...
hii.. Is this patch can be use with MI2s? because i live in Indonesia and the gps is not responding as good as my friends with other phone like samsung / htc / sony.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Here in Indonesia. I feel the gps no quite fast.
Hmm.. I need some suggestion, when i'm running Path application why my network data couldn't find my position? But other phone with same carrier immedietly found the position.
What could be wrong with my MI2s??

I had the same issue on my mi2. The GPS seemed to take some time to lock on. Only real issue I had with it.

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

My Mi2S has a pretty good GPS sensor, the basic GPS antenna (with A-GPS and other network based localization systems DISABLED) usually takes less than a minute for the first cold fix and the accuracy is good. Usually it can get the fix also indoor.
My previous phones (two high-end samsung) took up to 15 minutes or even more to obtain the first fix without A-GPS and they never worked indoor.
With A-GPS enabled, it's a matter of a few seconds to get the first fix if you are in a place with a stable network signal.

I got a fix within 20 seconds in a Thalys train moving at 300 km/h, so yeah, the gps in my Mi2S is great!

Today I get MI3 for my friend. GPS is amazing. First time without Wifi, 3G in minut. Next time two seconds. Wau. :)

@Gatot Slamet of course can this patch be used in Indonesia & the rest of the world
as said before all u need to do after install it is changing the line

from

NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

# United States of America =======================
# NTP_SERVER=us.pool.ntp.org

to

#NTP_SERVER=europe.pool.ntp.org

# Asia ===========================================
NTP_SERVER=asia.pool.ntp.org

Vauuu. Today I get MI2s, inside house WiFi on, without sim card, 2 seconds???? This speed I saw for the first time, but I had a lot of good and bad phones.

Vauuu. Today I get MI2s, inside house WiFi on, without sim card, 2 seconds???? This speed I saw for the first time, but I had a lot of good and bad phones.
With an internet connection active, also your old PC without a GPS antenna can be localized in 1 second with a good accuracy (depending on your urban area). Try eg. to open with your browser an html5 geolocation demo ;)

Tomorow I try. Rest Chinese phones wich I have, don't find satelits when I'm in house.

Tomorow I try. Rest Chinese phones wich I have, don't find satelits when I'm in house.
GPS sensor of Mi2S is great and sometimes works also indoor. You should try it without A-GPS in offline mode. With home's wifi network with internet access, its a matter of milliseconds to obtain your approximative position from your IP number/table assigned by your provider, then with some other milliseconds your position is refined by querying your data packets statistics (like a traceroute), at this point once the phone has a position (usually with an accuracy of 150/200m) it knows where are all the satellites over your head and can use the GPS antenna to refine again the correct position. By using the WiFi of your home network the first cold fix is not performed by the Mi2S GPS sensor, that's why it happened instantly ;).

You were right. Without wifi(phone reboted) and 3G(airplane mod) less than minut. Still VAUUU efekt. ;)