Greenify Etc

GrahamGo

Members
Jan 29, 2017
I am currently on China ROM. But will be installing a EU version. So far the China MIUI is providing good battery life.

A question. Is it worth installing Greenify, Amplify etc in conjunction with the EU version? IE. Will I be able to gain any significant battery life or any other advantages?

Last edited:
So far the best battery gains I could achieve with following step:

Settings / Battery & Performance / Hide System Animations.

I am currently on China ROM. But will be installing a EU version. So far the China MIUI is providing good battery life.

A question. Is it worth installing Greenify, Amplify etc in conjunction with the EU version? IE. Will I be able to gain any significant battery life or any other advantages?

I have just installed the EU version 7.1.20 I am monitoring the battery state with the app called Simple Battery. I charged the phone and checked the battery level this morning. It shows a depletion of 0.7% P/HR. I have turned off System animations. Today I installed Greenify + amplify. Pretty much with the default settings. I will charge the phone tonight and see in the morning if anything has changed/improved. On my LG G4 I have got a value of 0.2% P/HR So I believe that there is room for improvement.

In my opinion greenify and such apps don't help the situation in MIUI system.
Eu rom 7.1.12 is the best one for battery performance untill they fix it in the next builds.

Ah, I am new to Xiaomi and miui. As I have already got the Greenify etc installed I will go ahead and do the overnight test. That should also generate a list of wakelocks etc. The problem is that I cannot find any Greenify + Amplify settings/recommendations. Thank you for the info about 7.1.12 I will definitely try it and compare. I was looking for recommendations. So this is good to know. Cheers.

Reactions: baiosss
I can report that using Amplify to limit Wakelocks shows an improvement in Amplifys Device Stats results (qfp-service being a big offender) But these stats do not reflect in the battery depletion which is still at 0.7 % p/hr. I would like to add more wakelocks, but dont know which are safe to use. I will install 7.1.12 and see what battery use it gives and use that as a baseline.