Guide for installing rom on Xiaomi MI 6

DraganK

Members
Nov 21, 2019
As the title says, can any of you good people refer me to a guide on how to install MIUI Stable Rom on Xiaomi MI 6.
Also is installing rom (for example latest stable rom) and Android version are two separate things that require two separate installations, if so a guide on installing Android version would be appreciated as well.

Enjoy the day, I wish you best of luck in your journey through life.

Last edited:
Android versions comes with the rom so your don't have to worry about that
About installing roms , you have 2 options , either a clean installation through custom recovery that you installed on your device or a dirty flashing through an already exciting rom that is mostly not recommended and only used if you want to install an updated version of the rom .
So the easiest way to install roms safely , download your stable miui zip from official site and format your device using the recovery but before that you must've backed up all your data using clouds or physical storages like a usb or pc then transfer the zip to your phone and install it thought the recovery and as easy as that , it's all done . If you want to flash magisk or a custom recovery , it can be done after the installation of the rom .
Then transfer all your data again whether photos or music or app that can be backup up using famous apps like titanium backup .

Thank you for the response but sadly I am stuck on the Mi unlock status > Add account and device - I get Error code -1.
I have the GPS enabled, I can find my phone through the find device on the site, it seems like a rare error and can't get a lot of info on how to solve it.

Once again thank you for the response and enjoy the day my friend.

Thank you for the response but sadly I am stuck on the Mi unlock status > Add account and device - I get Error code -1.
I have the GPS enabled, I can find my phone through the find device on the site, it seems like a rare error and can't get a lot of info on how to solve it.

Once again thank you for the response and enjoy the day my friend.
You are most welcome :D